Western University Secondary Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentanon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Western U states on their website that they don't accept introductory science classes. The bio and physics classes I took are specifically designed for bio majors and they are a full year sequence, however the full course names is "Introductory Biology " for example. I am not sure if the school will accept this. I tried calling them and leaving a message but they haven't returned my call.

If anyone was in a similar situation as me let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

If it is the series for biology majors, that should be fine. I believe that's what many of us took. I think they're referring to the "intro" bio classes before the series one.

Western U states on their website that they don't accept introductory science classes. The bio and physics classes I took are specifically designed for bio majors and they are a full year sequence, however the full course names is "Introductory Biology " for example. I am not sure if the school will accept this. I tried calling them and leaving a message but they haven't returned my call.

I had a similar issue with my bio, physic, and English courses. I would go here first and look for your school and see if your courses fulfill their requirements.
If you find a course issue, I suggest filling out this pre-req worksheet and copy and pasting the university's course description for each on a word doc. Email it to the admission counselor according to your last name. I did this based on their advice the other day and she responded back within 24 hours. But, if your bio and physic courses were a full year sequence with lab specifically for bio majors....I wouldn't sweat it. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Western accepts AP scores for the English courses? I took AP Lit in high school and I'm wondering if I can put that down in the worksheet. I'm also taking an additional English class later this year for UOP since they don't accept AP credits, but there's no planned option to put on there, so I'm not sure which one to put down as my third English class.

If it's a year long sequence, you should be fine. What they mean by "intro course" is a class that is a semester just telling you the basics of the subject. I called them about this issue last cycle.

Does anyone know if Western accepts AP scores for the English courses? I took AP Lit in high school and I'm wondering if I can put that down in the worksheet. I'm also taking an additional English class later this year for UOP since they don't accept AP credits, but there's no planned option to put on there, so I'm not sure which one to put down as my third English class.

http://prospective.westernu.edu/dentistry/requirements-2/#prerequisite-courses

"Only English may be taken on an advanced-placement basis"

Looks like it's your AP English lit should be fine if you got a 3 or above; however, it be to best contact them about this. Follow the instructions I posted above. They were very quick to reply.

Reactions: 1 user