Western vs. U of AZ vs. Midwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

presleytoto98

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was offered admission by Western, the University of Arizona, and Midwestern. I am so excited to be accepted into these three incredible schools. I feel so lucky to be in this predicament, but I am genuinely struggling to make a decision. I was impressed by all three of these programs and would love any and all input/advice!! 😊

Background:
-23 y/o female
-First-time applicant
-Born and raised in California, my family all lives here
-Planning to bring my dog w/ me to school

Western was always appealing to me because it is my IS school. I am still very interested in this program. I like the PBL approach, and hands-on learning is also very important to me.

Midwestern stood out to me during my interview because of the amount of surgery experience they seem to offer.

University of Arizona's 3-year program is definitely intriguing. They also emphasize hands-on team-based learning, which is a pro for me. The only cons are that there is no teaching hospital, and they are not fully accredited yet, but I understand that they have not had a graduating class yet. I also felt that U of A is offering additional resources (mental health support, TBL facilitators, etc.) that did not stand out to me at other schools.

Thank you in advance for any input/advice/words of wisdom you may have!! Congrats to those who have also been accepted. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

if you don’t mind, I am curious which one you picked and why.
thank You.