Western vs. UC Dublin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erinandfinn

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I was hoping to get a little bit of advice over what school I should pick! I have been accepted to the 4 year program at Dublin, and accepted to Western in California. I’m having a hard time deciding since they are both so far from me- I’m from NJ. The only drawback I have about UCD right now is the fact you do not get a DVM but an MVB. Would that make it harder for me to get a job in the US once I’m finished??

I’m looking to go into large animal and have heard that UCD is great for that, plus they have a hospital whereas western does not. Any more insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!! I was hoping to get a little bit of advice over what school I should pick! I have been accepted to the 4 year program at Dublin, and accepted to Western in California. I’m having a hard time deciding since they are both so far from me- I’m from NJ. The only drawback I have about UCD right now is the fact you do not get a DVM but an MVB. Would that make it harder for me to get a job in the US once I’m finished??

I’m looking to go into large animal and have heard that UCD is great for that, plus they have a hospital whereas western does not. Any more insight would be greatly appreciated!!
You shouldn’t have any trouble getting a job with the degree from Dublin :). It is an AVMA accredited school and you’ll just need to pass the NAVLE, just like a US school!