Western Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Forensic Chick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got my letter from Western saying that I am an alternate for the class of 2007. I recall them saying that two thirds of those on the alternate list are offered an acceptance, so this makes me feel a little better. Does everyone who interviews get on the acceptance list - or do they still reject some?

Any information about the waitlist would be much appreciated.

Thanks!! :hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Forensic Chic,
when did you interview? I was just wondering how long did it take for them to reply to you. Let me know, thanks.

I interviewed on March 4 -- got the letter yesterday -- so about a week and a few days. My interview was on a Tuesday and the committee meets on Wednesdays... Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the same day as forensic chick and got a response a few days ago...

pretty quick turn-around time...

There are still some that are rejected. Wait list doesn't guarantee your acceptance. I was on it 2 years in a row and got in the 2nd time. In the interim, just make sure to let the admissions office know that you're very interested in getting in by updating them on anything you're doing to improve your application such as taking an extra class, volunteering, etc.

Good luck,
Eric, MSIII
COMP

Hey Forensic Chick and Faded Rebel (you interviewed on 3/4? Where are you from? I'm the TX girl)

FC- Sorry to hear about the waitlist (more friggin' waiting) but I really think that COMP is pretty generous with getting people off the waitlist. The odds seem pretty good, so hopefully you'll be hanging out at Robbie's (that bar in the middle of campus) come August. Unless something really odd happens, I think I'll be going to COMP this fall. I found out I got in today, which I'm psyched about since I totally dug the school. I really, really hope you get in since you seem like a very sweet and cool chick!

Take care and keep us posted!

Tiffany

Hey Tiffany,

I was the asian dude who interviewed right before you. I also got my acceptance a few days ago and, although contingent on one other school (a long shot), I will probably be attending COMP as well. Regardless, I'm stoked about my acceptance!

Most likely I'll be seeing u this fall!!

Hey man! Congrats! I guess we had some good vibes going during those back to back interviews!

I really hope to see you there this fall!

Tiffany

Hey FC,

Hope you make it off the list and also get in to a couple more places so you have a choice! Good luck!

- Tae

Yes, Forensic Chick is hot (I've never met her, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night).

Here's what I want to know. Are we going to divulge who we are when we start this fall at COMP? If so, how are we going to do it?

Hey Tiffany, I guess so. Were the interviewers as nice as I said they were? I was so nervous going into the damn interview... so much more relaxed afterwards... and now that I finally hold one acceptance... i can breathe so much easier... too bad I still have to be at work tho...

Hey Toejam... i agree... we need to find a way to reveal ourselves to our future classmates before school starts...

"revealing ourelves" sounds slightly sketchy. I like it. I think we will be revealing quite a bit during OMM lab, from what I hear. Better start hitting the gym 5 times a week!

I thought the interviewers were very nice (especially the woman. she was great). Dr. "I can't shake your hand because I'm sick" sort of threw me off, but I was able to bounce back.

F-rebel, have you sent in your deposit yet?

Tiff

Originally posted by Toejam
[Here's what I want to know. Are we going to divulge who we are when we start this fall at COMP? If so, how are we going to do it? [/B]

Osteo forum Western/COMP 2007 thread...:)

Hey Tiff,

The female interviewer was super nice... she didn't ask too many questions. Even the guy who was sick didn't really throw me off... although when he started furiously writing that kinda phazed me for a sec...

Yep, sent in the first deposit... that wasn't quite as joyous as receiving opening acceptance letter... but mandatory i guess...

And since i'm a health nut anyways, hitting the gym 5 days a week isn't anything new to me... although I have been slacking quite a bit recently.... ...stupid post-acceptance laziness... hahaha

aaron

Tae,
Thanks for the good wishes. I hope I'll be joining you in the class of 2007!

I'd also like to bump up this thread to answer my original questions...

Thanks!

Hi folks,
Nice to see you're keeping a thread going over here. There's always an open invite to check out the COMP 2007 thread at this link:

COMP 2007 thread in Osteopathic forum

.. just to make sure that any questions you have get higher visibility. (Sometimes some of us forget to venture to the pre-do forums so we might not respond for awhile!)

Have faith.. there are always some people who can get accepted pretty late off the waiting list. No reassurances, but it does help to let them know you are still interested from time to time.

As far as figuring who everyone is once you guys have started school.. well, a group of SDN'ers my year met one night in the summer before school started. Granted it was only like 10-11 of us, it was still pretty cool. We did hang out a lot the first few weeks of school, but people usually gravitate towards different cliques as it is... it is still awesome to know some people ahead of time though. I am still meeting SDN folks as I progress through med school which is a cool thing. Soooo... you guys can figure it out I'm sure... don't forget to let the rest of us know when you're going to meet up!