WesternU c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! I applied to western towards the end of the cycle. I had the notice said "sent to admissions for processing" now that has disappeared and now I have a red X and "awaiting, pending official transcript- my college" I submitted my official transcripts via VMCAS and then also submitted a pdf copy of my transcript as soon as I noticed the change. I also emailed admissions to ask about this confusion. Has anyone run into this issue or know what I should do? Is there another way they request transcripts? Thanks for the help.
Acepted ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I applied to western towards the end of the cycle. I had the notice said "sent to admissions for processing" now that has disappeared and now I have a red X and "awaiting, pending official transcript- my college" I submitted my official transcripts via VMCAS and then also submitted a pdf copy of my transcript as soon as I noticed the change. I also emailed admissions to ask about this confusion. Has anyone run into this issue or know what I should do? Is there another way they request transcripts? Thanks for the help.

Are you currently in classes?

I'm still finishing a few pre-reqs and my status page shows those classes as pending and there's another line that says they are awaiting transcripts for that semester from the school I'm enrolled in.

Does the CAS application have a green check next to it? They should be viewing your transcript via VMCAS, so hopefully everything should be all set.

Are you currently in classes?

I'm still finishing a few pre-reqs and my status page shows those classes as pending and there's another line that says they are awaiting transcripts for that semester from the school I'm enrolled in.

Does the CAS application have a green check next to it? They should be viewing your transcript via VMCAS, so hopefully everything should be all set.
I graduated in June of this year so all my transcripts are finalized. And yes, there is a check mark for the CAS Application.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Have you tried to contact admissions about this? I don’t think the repeated course form is absolutely necessary for them to look at your application. It only indicates to them which courses you repeated so they can factor that into your gpa.
I did! They said on their end I submitted the 15nth so I guess the waiting game continues! Fingers crossed

Just received my interview invite this morning! Scheduled for next Tuesday, and advice would be greatly appreciated!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone still have "Your application has been sent to Admissions for processing"? :eek:

Reactions: 1 users
Mine does. I’m starting to get nervous 😅
People got interview invites as late as February last cycle! I wouldn’t stress too much— especially if you submitted closer to the deadline.

People got interview invites as late as February last cycle! I wouldn’t stress too much— especially if you submitted closer to the deadline.
Thank you! I've been honestly stressing here lol

Where is everyone seeing their application updates on their portal? I interviewed October 20th and I never got a notification on the portal saying that I had an interview, only through email.

I got an interview invite on Tuesday and still am unable to schedule a date and time! Is this happening to anyone else? I already emailed Michael twice…

Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone bombed the first half of the interview then aced the last half and still gotten accepted? 😬

Has anyone bombed the first half of the interview then aced the last half and still gotten accepted? 😬
I hate to be that person but I aced the first half last year and bombed the second and was waitlisted last year. Never go called. Hopefully youre just over thinking what you said and you did great.

• Care
I got an interview invite on Tuesday and still am unable to schedule a date and time! Is this happening to anyone else? I already emailed Michael twice…
Just got an interview invite but there are no available or filled dates on the calendar.

When I did my interview back in October, they said they were planning tell us their decision in December. But that they got more applications than expected so it could be pushed back. Are people still doing interviews?

When I did my interview back in October, they said they were planning tell us their decision in December. But that they got more applications than expected so it could be pushed back. Are people still doing interviews?
They said that about acceptance/rejection decisions? I thought we wouldn’t hear back until like March. That would be great otherwise!

They said that about acceptance/rejection decisions? I thought we wouldn’t hear back until like March. That would be great otherwise!

Yah. I asked during my interview

W
Wow!! That would be SO amazing if so. I was expecting March but December would make things so much easier to plan!!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an invitation to interview last week and still haven’t been able to schedule it cause the entire calendar is blocked off!

Just curious, but does this mean that the most recent round of interview invites were to people who submitted at the end of the cycle? If that’s true, maybe we will hear back within the next three weeks!

Just curious, but does this mean that the most recent round of interview invites were to people who submitted at the end of the cycle? If that’s true, maybe we will hear back within the next three weeks!
Not sure it will happens during the holidays. My brother used to work at the dental college and said the administration people usually take off a week or 2 for the holidays. I’m hoping to hear soon but they might be on vacay when the interviews wrap up 😕

Same! I’ve emailed Michael 3 times now… freaking me out
I too have emailed Michael a few times and called to get an update on my application. :/ I'm missing a few things too it says (transcript, VMCAS upgrade) so I am pretty worried and with no update for a while, I feel like it's a waste of time trying to continue to call and email him..

Any advice??

I too have emailed Michael a few times and called to get an update on my application. :/ I'm missing a few things too it says (transcript, VMCAS upgrade) so I am pretty worried and with no update for a while, I feel like it's a waste of time trying to continue to call and email him..

Any advice??
I emailed him awhile back for clarification on something on the application and no reply back twice. Not sure why he is the admissions contact when he has not responded to anyone. My best advice would be to look up their directly online and email someone else and explain the situation. I hope you can get through to someone else.

Student Services (909) 706-8328
Kimberly Jones
[email protected]

Direction of Admissions (909) 469- 5650
Robin Johnson
[email protected]

Hope this helps anyone that can't get help from Michael. They may not be the right people to speak to regarding your issues but hopefully you can voice your concerns and they can put you in the right direction. I understand how stressful it can be to have questions and things missing from your application and no one to help you figure it all out. :cryi:

I hate to be that person but I aced the first half last year and bombed the second and was waitlisted last year. Never go called. Hopefully youre just over thinking what you said and you did great.
I got super nervous and didn't bounce back till the next half. I got waitlisted last year as well. Maybe third time is the charm 😅

• Love
The admissions office leaves for break starting on 12/17. I’m doubtful that December decisions will be a thing but if they were, they’d be released before then. I think for now I’ll assume that March is still the expected timeframe.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed on 10/30! Admissions said we shouldn't hear back for a while (by March). This interview was great, the interviewers were really welcoming.

I emailed him awhile back for clarification on something on the application and no reply back twice. Not sure why he is the admissions contact when he has not responded to anyone. My best advice would be to look up their directly online and email someone else and explain the situation. I hope you can get through to someone else.
It's not just Michael! I have been trying to get ahold of Jaziel... left multiple phone messages and emails. No reply to any of them. This has been happening since September. Frankly, its super unprofessional and leaves a very bad taste in my mouth...

Was invited to interview November 30th and called/emailed not only Michael but other people cause I am still unable to schedule interview??!! This is insane. Any advice??

Have you all tried contacting Robin?? I know last cycle I emailed her a couple times and she emailed me back within a couple of days each time.

Hi, I was unable to attend the Q&A session after my interview but will that negatively impact my application?

Hi, I was unable to attend the Q&A session after my interview but will that negatively impact my application?
Don’t worry! That won’t affect your application at all! I did ask that question when I was interviewed.

You guys… I STLL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE YO SCHEDULE MY INTERVIEW. After calling and emailing Michael every other day and the other counselors, I received an email from Michael saying “we haven’t heard back from you are you still interested in getting an interview?” I emailed back and he hasn’t gotten back to me. I don’t know what else to do…..

You guys… I STLL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE YO SCHEDULE MY INTERVIEW. After calling and emailing Michael every other day and the other counselors, I received an email from Michael saying “we haven’t heard back from you are you still interested in getting an interview?” I emailed back and he hasn’t gotten back to me. I don’t know what else to do…..
Maybe try calling their admissions office? Or like some office that should be able to transfer you to them?

That is so frustrating I’m sorry

On the top of my portal it says they're on break from 12/17-1/3. So I'm not sure if they posted that preemptively for Friday when their break begins or if they've already started their break, just FYI!

Do you guy know how/where we send in the fall transcripts?

Do you guy know how/where we send in the fall transcripts?
You can upload on the portal directly but unsure if we should send to our counselors

I didn't even know we had to send fall transcripts.. oops! thanks guys

You can upload on the portal directly but unsure if we should send to our counselors
If we upload on the portal, wouldn't it be the unofficial transcripts? Are we supposed to update our VMCAS transcripts as well?

If we upload on the portal, wouldn't it be the unofficial transcripts? Are we supposed to update our VMCAS transcripts as well?
Maybe I’m misunderstanding your question but we can’t update anything through VMCAS when the service is closed for this cycle. Any further contact or documents needed should be through each institution on an as needed basis.

How do we send official transcripts from fall to our schools? Will they reach out and ask for this?

^ I am wondering this same thing for both Western and Iowa. Any info on how to send fall transcripts is appreciated

I submitted on my VMCAS app that I would be taking biochem lab next semester but I kind of change my mind now... would this affect my application if I do not take that course? it is not a prerequisite but it is preferred...