WesternU College of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: WesternU College of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Good luck everyone!

Link to interview prep: Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone successfully receive secondary application fee wavier? I emailed them and never heard anything back

I just received an email today saying my application was processed and was sent to the committee. Hopefully this means they’ll be sending interviews soon! 🤞🏽

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email today saying my application was processed and was sent to the committee. Hopefully this means they’ll be sending interviews soon! 🤞🏽
I received that email on 6/30(submitted 6/1, supplemental 6/2). Then received another email on 8/10 that stated that it was still with the committee

I received that email on 6/30(submitted 6/1, supplemental 6/2). Then received another email on 8/10 that stated that it was still with the committee
I received the email that said it was still with the committee last week and then it was processed this week. So maybe they’re starting to actually review applications and move forward in the process? They sent interview invites in the beginning of September last year so maybe it’ll be around the same time this year too

Interview #3
School: WesternU
Notification date: 8/31/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/6
Application complete date: Mid July
GPA (science, overall): 3.15, 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24, 24, 23, 22, No
Dates available: 9/16, 9/30
Method of interview: In person only

Interview #3
Notification date:
8/31/22
Residency: In-state
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/3
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 22 TS, 21 PAT, 22 RC, None
Method of interview: In Person

Interview #3
Notification date:
8/31/22
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 22 TS, 21 PAT, 22 RC, None
Congratulations on your interview!
Have you ever received an email like this?

"Your application has been processed and sent to the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee for consideration. Should you be selected for an interview, we will contact you via email to schedule a convenient interview date and provide further details."

If you did, when did you get it?

Have you ever received an email like this?

"Your application has been processed and sent to the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee for consideration. Should you be selected for an interview, we will contact you via email to schedule a convenient interview date and provide further details."

If you did, when did you get it?
thank you! i received that email on 8/23.

hello, everyone. Just got an email yesterday saying my secondary application is not complete because I have not uploaded my dentist‘s rec letter which is kinda weird as it is already on AADSAS. Does anyone know how t resolve this? Also I am not suppose to see the rec letter so i don’t know how to make my dentist upload it on secondary app without me able to read it. I emailed them but have not heard back so if anyone has an answer to this please help out! Thank you!

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/31/22
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 23 TS, 23 PAT, 22 RC, None

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the email that said it was still with the committee last week and then it was processed this week. So maybe they’re starting to actually review applications and move forward in the process? They sent interview invites in the beginning of September last year so maybe it’ll be around the same time this year too
Received another email just now stating that my application was still with the committee and to remain patient.

hello, everyone. Just got an email yesterday saying my secondary application is not complete because I have not uploaded my dentist‘s rec letter which is kinda weird as it is already on AADSAS. Does anyone know how t resolve this? Also I am not suppose to see the rec letter so i don’t know how to make my dentist upload it on secondary app without me able to read it. I emailed them but have not heard back so if anyone has an answer to this please help out! Thank you!
I would try calling your admissions counselor if this hasn't been fixed yet. They sometimes have errors on their end so your application might be good already!

I would try calling your admissions counselor if this hasn't been fixed yet. They sometimes have errors on their end so your application might be good already!
I have a friend who has been having the same issue but it’s really difficult to get in contact with the admission counselors. Is anybody else having the same problem/what should my friend do? TIA!!

I have a friend who has been having the same issue but it’s really difficult to get in contact with the admission counselors. Is anybody else having the same problem/what should my friend do? TIA!!
I would check in on the email if it's been over 3 business days and also call the admissions counselor's phone number sometime 8AM-5PM. You might have to call a few times to get the problem fixed too 😅

Interview #5
Notification date:
9/15/22
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5
Application complete date: 7/30?
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 22 TS, 24 PAT, 17RC, None
Dates available: 10/7, 10/14

Interview #5
Notification date:
9/15/22
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5
Application complete date: 7/30?
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 22 TS, 24 PAT, 17RC, None
Dates available: 10/7, 10/14
Did you get any emails from school before the interview?

Interview #1
School:
WesternU
Notification date:
9/15
Method of notification:
Email
Residency:
OOS
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/12
Application complete date:
6/27
GPA (science, overall):
3.35, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
26, 26, 23, 24, No
Dates available:
10/7, 10/14

Did you get any emails from school before the interview?
I've got an email saying my application is ready and processed to the admission office for review. And they said if selected for an interview, they will send an email.

I've got an email saying my application is ready and processed to the admission office for review. And they said if selected for an interview, they will send an email.
Thank you for your answer.
I also received such an email about a month ago.
How long after you received such an email, did you get an interview proposal?

Last edited:
I just got an email for the same issue. I emailed them and called but no luck. I was wondering if this got resolved?

I just got an email for the same issue. I emailed them and called but no luck. I was wondering if this got resolved?
Hi, I called one of the numbers! Luckily someone picked up and asked my dentist to email them the letter because it did not have proper letter head. Once I did that, it got resolved in a day or two!

Hi, I called one of the numbers! Luckily someone picked up and asked my dentist to email them the letter because it did not have proper letter head. Once I did that, it got resolved in a day or two!
What time/day did you call

Do you mind sharing the phone number please.

Has anyone’s portal said pending degree? What should I do in this case?

Hi guys, my AADSAS portal is showing none is that normal or should I contact them?

Hi guys, my AADSAS portal is showing none is that normal or should I contact them?
Sorry ignore my last reply. I got confused with another program. But it’s normal for it to say none. I don’t think they update the status on AADSAS

Just received a "your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee" email today. Guess that is always better than a rejection email.

Did anyone receive an interview invite recently? I also wonder if they filled up their November interview days.

Just received a "your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee" email today. Guess that is always better than a rejection email.
I also received that email two days ago.
It's after an email saying it's being processed by the committee.
Does it mean something similar to withholding or rejecting?

Did anyone get the interview email after that email?

I also received that email two days ago.
It's after an email saying it's being processed by the committee.
Does it mean something similar to withholding or rejecting?

Did anyone get the interview email after that email?
I think they're literally just slammed with applications and are letting people know it might be a sec

Has anyone’s portal said pending degree? What should I do in this case?
If you haven't completed your degree yet, then this is normal. They won't fully accept it until you get a "degree conferred/completed" on it. On the other hand, if you have completed your degree already I would try sending another one through parchment.

If you haven't completed your degree yet, then this is normal. They won't fully accept it until you get a "degree conferred/completed" on it. On the other hand, if you have completed your degree already I would try sending another one through parchment.

So I should upload my diploma through parchment or my final transcript. I already submitted my final transcript on my application. Thank you!

Interview #1
School:
WesternU
Notification date: 9/15
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/25
Application complete date: 8/26
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25AA/25TS/22PAT/21RC/ None under 17.
Dates available: Used to be available for 10/14, but did not confirm the date because of lacking a passport picture to submit. Then I was pushed back to 11/4 to interview:(.

How long did you guys receive interview invite after getting hit with the app still with commitee email

I never got the "your app is still with the committee email," but it did take about 3 weeks between receiving the email that said something along the lines of "your app is ready for committee review" and getting an interview. Hope that helps. I submitted late late July.

Can I PM anyone with some questions about their experience at WesternU? (Either as a student or as interviewee)

Interview #5
School: WesternU
Notification date: 10/05
Method of notification: Portal and email
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14
Application complete date: 7/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.73, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/21/ No
Interview date: 01/13
Method of interview: In-Person

Seems that there are only two dates available to choose from 01/13, and one date in Februrary

Last edited:
Interview #5
School: Marquette University

Seems that there are only two dates available to choose from 01/13, and one date in Februrary
Congratulations! When did you apply?

Interview #5
School: Marquette University

ummm
wrong thread...