WesternU CPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmmoon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The CPME granted WesternU CPM full accreditation as of today.

Members don't see this ad.

Save your time and money and do not apply here. Staff and faculty post majority of the positive post regarding this school. The administration promotes their SGA students to post positive aspects regarding their institution to increase applicant rates.

Dr. Harkless is not the dean anymore. Dr. Jones who is the acting dean is not helpful or willing to listen to the students. There is a significant power struggle between the DPM department and DO department at this school. The faculty manipulates scores and purposely try to get students removed from the program.
The faculty does not even show up to scheduled classes to teach. They post 2-3-year-old lectures and expect you to learn material which is outdated. This the most unorganized podiatry school in the nation.
All classes are taken with DO students who are on a pass/fail grading scale while DPM is not pass fail.
Class size is 50 students a year, but out of those 50, 20+ students end up leaving or kicked out.
Save your money, save your time and apply to other schools.
This school should not be accredited.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't waste your time and apply here.

you take all system courses with DO students but do not get recognized as a DO.

The faculty promotes SGA members to post positive aspects of the school.

How many days a week do you go to class? Classes are pre-recorded, professors are never on time or don't show up, and they post previous year lectures for the current year.
Any days/half days are just lecture days? Late days? - 8hr days every day
-What time do you go to gym/volunteer/ect.?
-How many hours a day do you study? - 24/7
-If I live 1.5 hours away, is it possible to drive every day (electric car) or should I move closer to the campus? (I have family, kids, they cannot move due to work/school) - save your money and consider another field or school.
-Please tell me about the work-study program/summer research program/additional scholarships/ any conferences, trips you attended. - They play favorites. The school is low on funds and barely give out scholarships.
-Besides the Gross Anatomy course, what is the hardest class? - They are all unorganized. Professors don't even know what they are teaching.
-Any surprises/underwater rocks to be ready for? This school is not worth the time. Faculty plays favorites. Professors are late. The osteopathic department runs the DPM program. They manipulate scores.

How many days a week do you go to class? Classes are pre-recorded, professors are never on time or don't show up, and they post previous year lectures for the current year.
-If I live 1.5 hours away, is it possible to drive every day (electric car) or should I move closer to the campus? (I have family, kids, they cannot move due to work/school) - save your money and consider another field or school.
-Please tell me about the work-study program/summer research program/additional scholarships/ any conferences, trips you attended. - They play favorites. The school is low on funds and barely give out scholarships.
-Besides the Gross Anatomy course, what is the hardest class? - They are all unorganized. Professors don't even know what they are teaching.
-Any surprises/underwater rocks to be ready for? This school is not worth the time. Faculty plays favorites. Professors are late. The osteopathic department runs the DPM program. They manipulate scores.
Chill. We get it. You dont like it. No need to resurrect every thread about Western and say the same thing over and over

Reactions: 1 users

so, if classes are taken with DO students, then they are unorganized and late even for DO students, right?

Every school has its pros and cons. I know quite a few students from Western that have been very well prepared and have performed very well as residents. As a resident myself, some students from Western are at the top of my list for those who I would like to work with as a co-resident.

I also think that it would be very difficult to come in as a new Dean and change everything at once. There's also no way that the Podiatry students can have classes that are pass/fail. Board scores aren't like the USMLE scores.

Did you get kicked out?
I think a good debate as far as the pros and cons of this school would be great but I don't want it to get out of hand. Let's keep it civil. I'm excited to see what changes will occur with a new Dean.

how do you know?

When I interviewed at a few programs, Western was one of the most organized and sensible.
Never the less dude, based on your post history youre just here to tick people off. Lay off the guy, maybe he does have something to bring to the table.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed at a few programs, Western was one of the most organized and sensible.
Never the less dude, based on your post history youre just here to tick people off. Lay off the guy, maybe he does have something to bring to the table.
at least I have a post history and didn't create my account 2 days ago.
looks like you didn't look at my post history very well. I have been accepted to DMU. I am here to learn more about podiatry, schools and engage in beneficial discussions with other pre-pods.
maybe he does have something to bring to the table.
maybe... but saying that half of the class is failing is a little too much.

Saying that it is the worst school and most unorganized is very biased and subjective as nobody can compare all the schools because nobody attended all 9 schools to make that analysis.

looks like you didn't look at my post history very well. I have been accepted to DMU. I am here to learn more about podiatry, schools and engage in beneficial discussions with other pre-pods.

Saying that it is the worst school and most unorganized is very biased and subjective as nobody can compare all the schools because nobody attended all 9 schools to make that analysis.

Now youre just resorting to more personal attacks. Youre all over the threads in the MD section, the DO section, and commenting multiple times on his thread. This is not a beneficial discussion, youre just attacking him and flooding the floor.

Maybe half the class is failing, when you look at western when it opened it was probably the worst school with its original pass rate being close to 65% . Everyone's points are just as valid until proven otherwise

Side note: people have been complaining about everyone making western U accounts on april 7th. during my interview they said its because the school does hire students on april 7th; they sit in a room together and "laugh at things that are fake" and answer questions.

think about other schools too before you make your choice.

how do you know?
I attended here.

lol, are you one of them?
I did not get kicked out

Did you get kicked out?
I choose to leave

I have plenty of friends who attend other schools like CPM, DMU, Scholls, Kent, and Barry. Okay, maybe not half the class fails but there is a bias. I was accepted into DMU too. WU focus on holistic health with limited podiatry teaching. Many of the facts I stated in my original post are true but no one has spoken up about the cons of this school... I'm just here to spread some knowledge about my and other students experience. Post history means nothing, u just got accepted to DMU which is a great school.

Reactions: 1 user
The school is manageable but limited podiatry is taught. Just think twice before picking where you want to attend.

The school is manageable but limited podiatry is taught. Just think twice before picking where you want to attend.
Is it during first 2 years?

Looking at other schools' curricula like DMU and Scholl, I see that they don't teach podiatry much for the first 2 years. It is the sciences mostly.

This is the same for any of the 9 schools. Think twice before committing. It is a lot of time and money. When you do commit, done think about "what if's." When you make a decision follow through with it.

This is the same for any of the 9 schools.
That is what I thought. First two years are core sciences and some podiatry medicine course. So, I do not see why this is a problem. MD/DO schools take similar courses anyways for the first 2 years.