WesternU of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjc374

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get an interview invite for WesternU in Pomona??

Members don't see this ad.

Yes!! First invite for me! Kind of a bummer that their interviews take place during the first week of winter classes though :/

Congrats, guys! I'm in my first year at WesternU. It's a great program. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes!! First invite for me! Kind of a bummer that their interviews take place during the first week of winter classes though :/
I agree! What days did you choose for the interview??

I agree! What days did you choose for the interview??
I put my first preference as January 11 since I have fewer classes on that day. Still gonna miss one, but it's syllabus week anyway :shrug:

Good luck those that got interviews. I applied but haven't received anything from them yet =/.

Good luck those that got interviews. I applied but haven't received anything from them yet =/.
Me neither. I got an email a week ago from the Director of Admissions that they were at the time processing those apps with overall and prereq GPAs of 3.40 and above, which my overall GPA hasn't qualified. However, that just means they'll go down the list and if there's still room they'll get to the lower GPAs and whatnot.

I haven't heard back yet, but is anyone going to the info session on the 19th?

Me neither. I got an email a week ago from the Director of Admissions that they were at the time processing those apps with overall and prereq GPAs of 3.40 and above, which my overall GPA hasn't qualified. However, that just means they'll go down the list and if there's still room they'll get to the lower GPAs and whatnot.
I didn't receive an email like that. It makes sense now though. Hopefully we both hear back and get an interview soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, for those of you who received interview invites from Western U, would you mind sharing when they notified you via email for the invite and the date options to choose from? Thank you!

When I check my application status on their website:
https://banapps.westernu.edu:4443/pls/live8/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon
My status shows, "Application Materials Received". Is this the same for everyone else?

The dates were 1-10, 1-11, and 1-17

Thanks dgt329! Would you mind sharing what your application status shows on Western U's website? I'm now a bit worried about whether my application has been further processed since I have not heard anything from them since submitting my supplemental and providing all the necessary documents.

Thanks dgt329! Would you mind sharing what your application status shows on Western U's website? I'm now a bit worried about whether my application has been further processed since I have not heard anything from them since submitting my supplemental and providing all the necessary documents.
Same- "application materials received"

Will WesternU continue to send out interview invites or was last Friday the only day they send them? :nailbiting:

Have you received a confirmation email for your interview time yet??

Did anyone receive an email today saying their application is now being sent to the admissions committee for review?

Did anyone receive an email today saying their application is now being sent to the admissions committee for review?
No dice over here. Do you mind sharing your stats? A few posts above said that they're currently processing all applicants with a 3.4 and above GPA for overall and pre reqs. I'm curious if they have started going down the list yet for us with lower GPAs.

I have not yet. What are your overall and prereq GPAs? @castleintheclouds
No dice over here. Do you mind sharing your stats? A few posts above said that they're currently processing all applicants with a 3.4 and above GPA for overall and pre reqs. I'm curious if they have started going down the list yet for us with lower GPAs.

My stats aren't the greatest so I am assuming that they are moving from the 3.4 range? Although all the email said was that "Good news! Your application has been processed and sent to the Department of Physical Therapy's Admissions Committee for review." Then they explained what the next step would be if I were to get an interview.

Anyways these are my stats:

Overall GPA: 3.36
Prereq: 3.12
Gre: 152V 159Q 4.5W
Hours: 150ish in four different settings (Inpatient/Outpatient hospital, Pediatric, Orthopedic, Aquatic)
Other Experience: Tennis instructor (group classes and private lessons) and Research Assistant in a Neuroscience of Dance Lab
Application Submitted: 09/07/2016

Thank you!! Do you have any tips or advice regarding the interview?
Find a good list of grad school questions and practice. A lot. The interviews move super fast, so you need to have some go-to stories that you're able to draw on so you don't waste time wondering why you can't remember a single ethical dilemma you've ever faced. ;) Dress professional. Also, it's a long day, and you need to be "on" the whole time, even though your interview is a relatively short part of it.

Reactions: 1 users
I received an interview invite yesterday!

would you mind sharing your stats? I haven't heard back from them at all (and my stats are pretty low)...

University: California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo
Major: Animal Science
Overall GPA: 3.60
Pre-Req GPA: depends on school 3.5-3.6
GRE: didn't take

Observation Hours: 45 Inpatient Hospital, ~100 Sports Outpatient, ~70 Inpatient Rehabilitation

Applied: Clarkson University, Western University of Health Sciences, University of North Texas at Fort Worth

Acceptances: Clarkson University

Rejections: University of North Texas at Fort Worth

Interviews: Western University of Health Sciences (1/17)

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they'll send out acceptance/alternate/rejection letters after an interview??

I interviewed today so by the 31 I assume! Good luck to all who have interviewed!

I interviewed Jan 10th and just received my acceptance letter.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!! Will you be accepting the offer?

Did they mail, email or call to notify you of your acceptance?
I received an email. The email also said they would mail the official acceptance letter with instructions on how to accept the offer.

Hey guys!!

Has anyone received an invitation for a February interview date yet? I haven't heard back from Western but noticed on their info page it says that they typically interview January/ February! Anxciously waiting for a February invite!!!!

I received an invite for February last night but will be declining.
Hey guys!!

Has anyone received an invitation for a February interview date yet? I haven't heard back from Western but noticed on their info page it says that they typically interview January/ February! Anxciously waiting for a February invite!!!!

Has anyone else been offered a seat who has already interviewed? If so when was your interview?

I interviewed 1/17 and haven't heard a peep yet. They have until the 31 though.

Try checking your WesternU banner, not sure if they update that to show whether you have been accepted