WesternU of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Try checking your WesternU banner, not sure if they update that to show whether you have been accepted
Yes, I have been checking that too.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks!! Do you mind posting your stats?
Sure.
cGPA: 3:6,
pGPA: 3.4-3.5 depends
GRE: Not required for this school
Observation Hours: Total of 320 (outpatient/inpatient ortho, pediatrics, and neuro)

Members don't see this ad :)
So i just checked my banner and it gave me an option to "accept offer". I have not received any notifications yet though so not sure if i should trust it. I sent Karen an email asking about it and I'm just waiting for a reply.
Interviewed 1/17

I also see the same thing on my banner and I also interviewed on the 17th. Let us know what Karen says!

Just got my acceptance email from Karen!

Reactions: 1 users
Did you email her as well about the banner? Or did your email just come on its own. Congrats btw!

I got the email shortly after talking to Karen on the phone. She told me that the email gets automatically generated and sent out after your status has been updated on banner so I would keep an eye on your banner and thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
I got the email shortly after talking to Karen on the phone. She told me that the email gets automatically generated and sent out after your status has been updated on banner so I would keep an eye on your banner and thanks!
Quick question. I haven't got the email yet. In your letter does it say how long you have to make your deposit after accepting the offer?

Quick question. I haven't got the email yet. In your letter does it say how long you have to make your deposit after accepting the offer?

Yeah, in the email it gave me a date that I have to accept the offer/pay the deposit by and that I would be receiving a packet in the mail with more information

Quick question. I haven't got the email yet. In your letter does it say how long you have to make tou
Yeah, in the email it gave me a date that I have to accept the offer/pay the deposit by and that I would be receiving a packet in the mail with more information
If you don't mind. What was the date given?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh... I'm still confused though. Have yet to receive a response from Karen. I was able to accept an offer on my banner though and so now it says next to decision "Deposit Pending". So i want to get excited and say i was accepted but i still have not gotten an email and the email is supposed to be automatically sent once the status changes on the banner.
What do you guys think?

Sigh... I'm still confused though. Have yet to receive a response from Karen. I was able to accept an offer on my banner though and so now it says next to decision "Deposit Pending". So i want to get excited and say i was accepted but i still have not gotten an email and the email is supposed to be automatically sent once the status changes on the banner.
What do you guys think?

It sounds like you are in the same boat as I was. The system may just be backed up, I would wait till Monday and if you still haven't heard anything trying giving Karen a call

It sounds like you are in the same boat as I was. The system may just be backed up, I would wait till Monday and if you still haven't heard anything trying giving Karen a call
So I just spoke to Karen! I asked her about my banner saying I am accepted but not getting an email. She said that people with gmail, the email most likely went to spam.
She confirmed that I have indeed been accepted! And the due date to pay the deposit is 2 weeks from last Friday (feb 10th).
For those of you that used a gmail account (and i believe she said hotmail too), check your banner and your spam!

So I just spoke to Karen! I asked her about my banner saying I am accepted but not getting an email. She said that people with gmail, the email most likely went to spam.
She confirmed that I have indeed been accepted! And the due date to pay the deposit is 2 weeks from last Friday (feb 10th).
For those of you that used a gmail account (and i believe she said hotmail too), check your banner and your spam!

Congrats!! Do you think you are going to end up going there?

Congrats to those accepted! Just received an email about being selected for the Feb interview!

How was the interview day for those of you that went a few weeks ago?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats to those accepted! Just received an email about being selected for the Feb interview!

The interview day was pretty straight forward, 15 minute timed prompt, and two 15 minute interviews that were back to back.

Congrats!! Do you think you are going to end up going there?
It is very likely! Like 98% sure. I'm waiting to hear from one more school, but my hopes are low for that one.

Congrats on getting an interview! I haven't heard anything from western yet, would you mind sharing your stats? Really hoping on receiving a February invite!!!!

The interview day was pretty straight forward, 15 minute timed prompt, and two 15 minute interviews that were back to back.

Any advice you found useful for prepping for either part? Also, were the interviews solo or in a group setting?

Congrats on getting an interview! I haven't heard anything from western yet, would you mind sharing your stats? Really hoping on receiving a February invite!!!!

Thanks! Sure!

Major: Cell Bio

CGPA: 3.14
PGPA: 3.49

Observation: 700+ outpatient Ortho, 80+ Inpatient Acute, 70 outpatient Oncology

Goodluck to you!!

Basically what WILLPT17 said. Also, in the back to back interviews, there are two people in each room interviewing you. One room I was in, they were definitely grilling me. The second room was a little bit more relaxed. A friend of mine also had an interview there and her experience was a little bit more traumatizing than mine. Her interviewer was quite hard on her.

I think it's more so a ploy to see how well you can handle the pressure. And it just depends on who you get. Just try to relax before hand and get lots of sleep the night before!

Any advice you found useful for prepping for either part? Also, were the interviews solo or in a group setting?
They were individual. With 2 people conducting the interviews in each room. You are assighned to the rooms ahead of time.

Thanks! Sure!

Major: Cell Bio

CGPA: 3.14
PGPA: 3.49

Observation: 700+ outpatient Ortho, 80+ Inpatient Acute, 70 outpatient Oncology

Goodluck to you!!

I went into the interview having researched the school a lot since it was the only interview I had gotten at the time. That being said I also wrote out and practiced what I wanted to talk about. I wouldn't suggest practicing so that you can recite answers word for word. Instead get an idea of what you want to talk about and try and incorporate as much of that into your answers. My first interview went well compared to my second one and I think they set it up so one of the interviews is more of a stress test because when I left that second interview I thought I did horrible

@OMW2DPT I went into the interview having researched the school a lot since it was the only interview I had gotten at the time. That being said I also wrote out and practiced what I wanted to talk about. I wouldn't suggest practicing so that you can recite answers word for word. Instead get an idea of what you want to talk about and try and incorporate as much of that into your answers. My first interview went well compared to my second one and I think they set it up so one of the interviews is more of a stress test because when I left that second interview I thought I did horrible

Has anyone who interviewed on the 18th heard any words yet??

Have you heard anything back yet? I am still waiting to hear back, I did send Karen an email a little while ago after seeing so many people have heard back
Try calling her tomorrow. I think she may be buried in emails right now cause she never replied to mine. I called her on monday to find out.

I also see the same thing on my banner and I also interviewed on the 17th. Let us know what Karen says!

Congrats on your acceptance!! Where on the banner page did you guys see the option to "accept offer" ? Was it under the part that says Decision or on the home page somewhere? @PTPhoenix

Congrats on your acceptance!! Where on the banner page did you guys see the option to "accept offer" ? Was it under the part that says Decision or on the home page somewhere? @PTPhoenix
It was at the very bottom left hand corner underneath the Application Summary box.

So I've paid my deposit! I'm going to Western! Have you recieved you're packet yet? Could you post when yours comes?

So I've paid my deposit! I'm going to Western! Have you recieved you're packet yet? Could you post when yours comes?

Congrats! I haven't received my packet yet but I'll let you know when I do. I'm guessing sometime next week since I'm on the east coast

Unfortunately received the email from Karen today that I am on the alternate list. Any idea how many people are accepted off of it?

so I just got an interview invitation for Feb 7th .. It's in 5 days haha

Unfortunately received the email from Karen today that I am on the alternate list. Any idea how many people are accepted off of it?
I am also on the alternate list. Still trying to keep high hopes though. Hopefully it works out for the both of us!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! I was wondering if there is anyone who hasn't heard back from WesternU at all? I haven't received a rejection or interview invitation yet. Wanted to see if I'm the only one haha

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! I was wondering if there is anyone who hasn't heard back from WesternU at all? I haven't received a rejection or interview invitation yet. Wanted to see if I'm the only one haha

I interviewed last week Tuesday and I haven't heard back.

I interviewed last week Tuesday and I haven't heard back.

Sorry if that didn't make sense but I meant that I haven't even heard back for an interview invitation yet!

Oh I misread that. Sorry. It seems like they invited some people for back-up interviews :/

Did you get an email to do a secondary and submit the extra documents they wanted? If you have then you're probably down the list if your gpa is kinda low. If you gpa isn't low then maybe contact admissions.

Did you get an email to do a secondary and submit the extra documents they wanted? If you have then you're probably down the list if your gpa is kinda low. If you gpa isn't low then maybe contact admissions.

Yes I did both! :( my application says "materials received" my cumulative GPA is a 3.5 and prereq is a 3.25. I emailed admissions to ask the status of my app today so hopefully I hear back

Yes I did both! :( my application says "materials received" my cumulative GPA is a 3.5 and prereq is a 3.25. I emailed admissions to ask the status of my app today so hopefully I hear back
I would give them a call if you don't hear from them by monday. Just because they probably get a lot of emails around this time.