SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

WesternU Travel Advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by GUTTI, Oct 4, 2000.

1. GUTTI

GUTTI Junior Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Staten Island, NY
    Hi All,

I have a question for any Western U. students out there.

I have an interview at Western on a Tuesday at 2PM. And the next day I have an interview at UHS. Both are schools that I'm really interested in.
    I'm trying to make travel arrangements.

Can any WesternU studenst tell me how far is the drive from WesternU to LAX around ~4-5 PM. Is this a heavy traffic time for the direction I'm going?

Is this something I'll need car service for or will a taxi suffice?

I know Ontario is the closer airport but I can't make any flights leaving Western and arriving at Kansas City at a good time.

Thanks,
    Gutti

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Gutti,

I'm not a WesternU student, but I'm a potential one for next year just like you. I just interviewed there, and I'm local to the Los Angeles area. My suggestion is to rent a car to save on money. Car rentals range around $35 a day compared to about $85-$100 by taxi one way. Travel time around 2pm will take you approximately 1 hour, (using the 105 E, 605 N, 60 E, 57 N, then the 10 E, and finally exiting at Garey Ave.) If you feel you may get lost w/ these directions, the 405 N to 10 E may be better off for you, but you may run into traffic because you will hit downtown LA on the 10 FWY. (Make sure to double check on a map in case I gave wrong directions.) Hope the info was helpful. By the way, I'll be interviewing at UHS on a Wednesday (Oct 18). Maybe I'll see you there. Good luck with the interview. The atmosphere is very relaxed, and the interviewers just want to get to know you better. Check out the site interviewfeedback.com, I posted my impressions about the school at that site.

Oh, for travel time around 4-5pm from WesternU to LAX, it will take approximately 1.5 hrs to get to the airport. Using the 105 is much better. The 405 and 10 interchange will take you at least two hours guaranteed!

[This message has been edited by RobbC (edited 10-04-2000).]

4. AZMom

AZMom Junior Member

Oct 4, 2000
    I don't go to Western, but I know where it is. At 4-5 p.m. plan for at least two hours of drive time to LAX. Pomona is only close to LA on the map, not in actual drive time. You will need to rent a car. It is way too far for a taxi unless you are on an unlimited budget.