Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Wha do you think?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SicVic, Jun 20, 2001.

1. SicVic

SicVic Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I took the MCATS last august and I got a 7 10 and 11. Do I need to take it again?
    Currently a research tech. and doing E.R. clinical research volunteer work.
    Finished high school in a west african country. Did the pre-med club (which was fun)
    and interested in doing research while in med. sch.
    So Feedback needed and greatly appreciated !
    Would love to go to any med sch. in the city (mahattan) esp. CORNELL med.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OP
    OP
    SicVic

SicVic Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

sorrie forgot to give ya my GPA-- 3.59 (both science and cummulative)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That's going to be pretty hard.... Cornell is what you're going for.... on top of that research.... Don't apply for a MD/PhD!!!

Quite honestly, you may have a tough chance but nothing is impossible. Just my humble opinion.

4. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Honestly, your GPA and your MCAT seem a little low for Cornell -- if you really want to have a serious shot at Cornell (or schools in that range), you definitely should retake the MCAT and aim for a 34+ -- your GPA is fine, but a little low for Cornell and similar schools. If you apply to some schools more in the "middle" and "lower" tiers, you should have a better shot (including your state schools). In general, your chances would be improved with a higher MCAT, especially if the 7 was in verbal. However, that is just my opinion. Good luck.