Wha do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SicVic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCATS last august and I got a 7 10 and 11. Do I need to take it again?
Currently a research tech. and doing E.R. clinical research volunteer work.
Finished high school in a west african country. Did the pre-med club (which was fun)
and interested in doing research while in med. sch.
So Feedback needed and greatly appreciated !
Would love to go to any med sch. in the city (mahattan) esp. CORNELL med.

Members don't see this ad.

sorrie forgot to give ya my GPA-- 3.59 (both science and cummulative)

That's going to be pretty hard.... Cornell is what you're going for.... on top of that research.... Don't apply for a MD/PhD!!!

Quite honestly, you may have a tough chance but nothing is impossible. Just my humble opinion.

Honestly, your GPA and your MCAT seem a little low for Cornell -- if you really want to have a serious shot at Cornell (or schools in that range), you definitely should retake the MCAT and aim for a 34+ -- your GPA is fine, but a little low for Cornell and similar schools. If you apply to some schools more in the "middle" and "lower" tiers, you should have a better shot (including your state schools). In general, your chances would be improved with a higher MCAT, especially if the 7 was in verbal. However, that is just my opinion. Good luck.