Whadda think about this??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

binswanger

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got Step II back today, had been putting off taking it for awhile, busted out a 240+ which is about 20 points higher than Step I. Do any of the programs that already sent me the big rejection - give a hoot?? Should I transmit my scores to them anyway?? I was kinda hoping for some more interviews. If I was a program director I wouldn't really give crap, but what do you guys think??

Members don't see this ad.

I think that is a solid score compared to your step 1. I don't think you'll change anyones mind who has already rejected you but it could push a few programs over the fence who atill have spots. I would also call any programs you are really interested in and let them know.

I put off taking the test as well on the advice of my EM PD. When did you take the test? I took it October 28th and am still waiting, but if I score 20 points higher I will transmit the score.

-P

Congratulations Studly!
You have nothing to lose, write a brief email to alert them of this new info and your particular interest in their program. Why not? If they don't give you an interview at least you got to gloat a little.

Can I ask how long it took to get your score? I still need to take my step II. Also, what was your winning stategy?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the exam the 28th of October just got my scores today (Not in the mail, talked to my school)

Used B&W, Secrets, QBank spinkled with a lil' NMS. Thanks for the input, I'll probably just submit them to everyone and see what happens........

I agree you have nothing to lose. I just got back from my first interview and 3 of my 4 interviewers brought up my step 2 scores saying "Step 2 is really what we care about", "You must be very strong clinically, you did remarkably better on Step 2", etc. I got over 30 points higher on Step 2 and am convinced that it "saved" my application. If your Step 1 score was a major weak point in your application, I would give it a shot.
Good luck,
limabean

Originally posted by Pelivar
I think that is a solid score compared to your step 1. I don't think you'll change anyones mind who has already rejected you but it could push a few programs over the fence who atill have spots. I would also call any programs you are really interested in and let them know...

-P

I agree. If theres a program you are really interested in, then give them a call, followed up by an email thanking them for taking the time to hear you plea....of course make it a little more political than that. Assuming thats the one weak link in your application.