What’s happening in retail world?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radio frequency

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Somebody told me their chain is having them do rapid strep testing and flu testing, and using a protocol to prescribe antibiotics or Tamiflu. I also heard they’re actually doing POC cholesterol testing (like we’re all back in school again...never thought I’d actually see chains roll this out!). Honestly though...how does anyone fit this into their already understaffed day? Is this the new reality at the chains? I mean, shots are disruptive enough, but nobody’s going to have time for this!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven’t heard about step testing:
Tamiflu.... I heard of travel medicine, that involves prescribing for traveler’s diarrhea lol... I have heard A lot of CVS does birth control prescribing... Yeah pharmacy profession is expanding in services , but pharmacist quality of job is worse than ever.... which makes you wonder why keep expanding, how many jobs are these extra services creating ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Somebody told me their chain is having them do rapid strep testing and flu testing, and using a protocol to prescribe antibiotics or Tamiflu. I also heard they’re actually doing POC cholesterol testing (like we’re all back in school again...never thought I’d actually see chains roll this out!). Honestly though...how does anyone fit this into their already understaffed day? Is this the new reality at the chains? I mean, shots are disruptive enough, but nobody’s going to have time for this!

They can only go so far with cutting staff - at my store we finally broke to the point where the queues weren't being cleared out at night and survey scores were low enough that they backed off and let us have a little more help. Once you're going as fast as you can, the only thing you can do to speed things up is to have worse customer service, and you can only get away with that so much.

Reactions: 2 users