Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What a day!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by justskipee, Dec 8, 2005.

1. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Called GT in the morning, found out I am waitlisted. It was my first response back from any of the schools I interviewed at, and the horrible voices came back again "what if you don't get any acceptances," "you should have done better on the MCAT."

Finally I made it through the snow and to the library. Hmm, my phone rings, thats a weird number. I got a call from the Dean of Admissions telling me that I was just accepted to the University of MN-Twin Cities. What a day!!!!!!

Anyone else find out from two or more schools in one day? I can barely type, i'm just shaking. The Dec.4 luck thread actually work!

:D :) :D :luck: y

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LizzyM

LizzyM the evil queen of numbers
    Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Academic Administration

Congratulations! That's great news. And you have the cold-weather gear not to be intimidated by the Twin Cities. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DrHuang

DrHuang SDN Donor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    GT=Georgetown?

4. FrkyBgStok

10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    let me be the first to congratulate you.

5. greendot

greendot SDN Angel
    5+ Year Member

I remember the feeling of the first acceptance. Congratulations!

6. RayhanS1282

RayhanS1282 perpetually percolated
    10+ Year Member

Congrats man and I just left a comment on your mdapplicants about "hanging in there". You beat out cocky ****head.

7. anystream

anystream Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i am so happy for you!! its your top choice, right? how are you going to celebrate?

:hardy:

8. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks so much. All of you on SDN have been a huge help in this process. I love the little community on the forum.

9. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

It is my top choice currently. To celebrate, i'm going to go to the library and study. hahah, jk. I'm gonna go out to eat with my friends at a nice restaurant, and have a beautiful filet mignon with grilled asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes and a bottle of wine. Or should I go jump into Lake mendota for a little polar bear dunk.

What did you do anystream when you found out?

10. jwnduke

jwnduke Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I vote for the polar bear dunk. Congratulations, I am sure that is a great feeling! It's nice that they called, good way to find out.

11. BaylorGuy

BaylorGuy Enter witty comment here
    7+ Year Member

Ahhhh, the two or more school contacts in one day....it messes with your emotions big time. The same day i got a rejection letter from Georgetown, I wound up getting an interview invite from one of my top schools. Its just one of those days. Congrats....you'll love it

12. IHaveLab

IHaveLab Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    One Monday, I went to my PO Box and got a 'waitlist' letter from Georgetown...a real bummer b/c I thought that was my best interview of the 4 I'd done so far. I was already waitlisted at UVa, so I was worried about a trend there...

Then I listen to my voicemail...and there is a message from the Dean of Admissions at Vanderbilt. He says to call him back, but I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED THE MESSAGE BEFORE I WROTE DOWN THE NUMBER!

(well, I actually thought the number would be in my cell phone, but it turned out that the number he'd called from was not the number he wanted me to call back to)

So, I'm frantic! I called the Vanderbilt SOM main office, and they said they thought he'd already left for the day, so I begged them to just check and make sure, and it turned out he was there after all. He got on the phone and offered me a spot in the Class of 2010!

What a day!

13. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Wow, its like we had the same day!! Were you absolutely freaking out waiting to talk to the dean? That is awesome that the day ended with an acceptance, congrats. Is that where you plan on attending?

14. geekOCD

geekOCD passionate people rock
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    One of my best days ever: I got an interview at Sinai in the morning and got an acceptance to Case in the afternoon. I was in shock for the next few days. =)