What a IOWA secondary means ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys ! I've got a secondary from Iowa University. I've overheard on the SDN that it means an invitation since they got interested in you.
Is that, actually, true or more waiting coming :D ?

Thank you all for answering. Good luck to all of you here :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got the same email today. I called the admissions office and they sad that they send the interview invite at the same time as the supp email by snail mail. When I called she just let me schedule the interview over the phone. Call 317 335 7163 or 317 335 7157 and they will probably let you do the same.

If you are an out of stater, the choices are OCT 3, OCT 20, or some day in NOV.

Hope this helps

Are you supposed to do the secondary if you have the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you supposed to do the secondary if you have the interview?

I guess so; when you have an interview, you can fill out the second appl too:)

So what is the final word on the Iowa secondary....Does it mean you will receive an interview invite???? Please help because I really don't have the money????????

Yep, if you get a supplemental, you will get an interview. My AADSAS status said "Invited for Interview" before I received the supplemental. You'll receive the invitation for interview via snail mail.

Yep, if you get a supplemental, you will get an interview. My AADSAS status said "Invited for Interview" before I received the supplemental. You'll receive the invitation for interview via snail mail.

I received an email from the today about the supplemental .... so does the same thinking apply for this year that ill get an interview invite? :soexcited:

I received an email from the today about the supplemental .... so does the same thinking apply for this year that ill get an interview invite? :soexcited:

I think so as I got an invitation a few days after being sent the secondary.

Yeah, got the invite two days after the supp app. Being recorded should be interesting. ;)

Yea I got sent an interview invite wahoo!!!! When are you guys going for your interviews?

Yeah, got the invite two days after the supp app. Being recorded should be interesting. ;)

Yes, that may be a little strange. I'm gonna feel like one of those witnesses being questioned on "The First 48" on A&E. My goal is not to say anything stupid as they will now have more time to digest it since it's on tape :laugh:

Yea I got sent an interview invite wahoo!!!! When are you guys going for your interviews?

Hopefully one of the October dates since none of them are on a Friday. (I have games on Friday/Saturday)

I just got an email titled:
Final Application to The Univ of Iowa College of Dentistry and attached with a secondary application.

Does that mean that I will be getting an interview invite in mail soon ?? if so it will be the 1st interview i get in 3 years of applying. Please give me the good news :)

Thanks IowaFan.

how r u gettin ready for the interview guys ?? I heard they have list of questions that they ask everyone about, was wondering if anyone has an idea about this and about their questions ??

Thank you in advance,
Talib

Thanks IowaFan.

how r u gettin ready for the interview guys ?? I heard they have list of questions that they ask everyone about, was wondering if anyone has an idea about this and about their questions ??

Thank you in advance,
Talib

If i remember seeing it somewhere its like 34 questions?? There are a few of them in the interview feedback forum...so check those out.