Pesed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello all. I'm a Michigan resident looking to start applying next year. I would like to know from those who have visited Detroit Mercy what you thought of the school. I'm curious about facilities, location, impression of the faculty and students you met, etc... Oh, and I'd also like to know why you would or would not choose this school. Thanks!

(I'm asking for this help because I'm out of Michigan right now and won't make it back until late May. I can't afford to fly home to "see-for-myself". :( )

dentalguy

10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2004
Status
Pre-Dental
Pesed said:
Hello all. I'm a Michigan resident looking to start applying next year. I would like to know from those who have visited Detroit Mercy what you thought of the school. I'm curious about facilities, location, impression of the faculty and students you met, etc... Oh, and I'd also like to know why you would or would not choose this school. Thanks!

(I'm asking for this help because I'm out of Michigan right now and won't make it back until late May. I can't afford to fly home to "see-for-myself". :( )
Detroit is a good school. I went to the open house in November and was really impressed with the facilities. THere are rumors of a new dental school being built in '07. If you get accepted I think you'll really like it. GOOD LUCK!!

mitechgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Kalamazoo, MI
Visit site
Status
I interviewed and toured there... I liked it a lot... very nice people, nice facilities... however, it is in DETROIT!!!! The school will be moving n 2007, so that may be a rough transition... but over all... I thought it would be a great school to go to.

About the Ads

GonnaBADentist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
mitechgrl said:
I interviewed and toured there... I liked it a lot... very nice people, nice facilities... however, it is in DETROIT!!!! The school will be moving n 2007, so that may be a rough transition... but over all... I thought it would be a great school to go to.
What about U of Michigan?

mitechgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Kalamazoo, MI
Visit site
Status
I interviewed at U of Mi too and I liked it A LOT!!!! Both have nice facilities, both have good programs... but the programs are different... you have to look at the style of the schools when you interview and see which school fits your personality better. If you are a MI resident, University of Mi is much cheaper, about half price tuition... so that is something to consider.

About the Ads