1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What about Detroit Mercy?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Pesed, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Pesed

Pesed Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hello all. I'm a Michigan resident looking to start applying next year. I would like to know from those who have visited Detroit Mercy what you thought of the school. I'm curious about facilities, location, impression of the faculty and students you met, etc... Oh, and I'd also like to know why you would or would not choose this school. Thanks!

(I'm asking for this help because I'm out of Michigan right now and won't make it back until late May. I can't afford to fly home to "see-for-myself". :( )

2. dentalguy

dentalguy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Detroit is a good school. I went to the open house in November and was really impressed with the facilities. THere are rumors of a new dental school being built in '07. If you get accepted I think you'll really like it. GOOD LUCK!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mitechgrl

mitechgrl Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed and toured there... I liked it a lot... very nice people, nice facilities... however, it is in DETROIT!!!! The school will be moving n 2007, so that may be a rough transition... but over all... I thought it would be a great school to go to.

4. GonnaBADentist

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    What about U of Michigan?

5. mitechgrl

mitechgrl Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at U of Mi too and I liked it A LOT!!!! Both have nice facilities, both have good programs... but the programs are different... you have to look at the style of the schools when you interview and see which school fits your personality better. If you are a MI resident, University of Mi is much cheaper, about half price tuition... so that is something to consider.

6. Pesed

Pesed Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks for the feedback!