BeachLuvr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2004
Houston, Texas
Status
I'm not sure if this is just the Texas schools or what, but I understand that for the first year, financial aid is not in effect for the summer after your DS1 year. And that it kicks in for the remainder of all semesters DS2-graduation. What do most people do when it comes to pay for rent/living whatnot in the summer after year one if you don't have a working spouse and your parents aren't sending you to school?
The obvious answer would be to work...but when would you do be able to do this and still get paid in enough time to pay bills?

Any ideas?

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
do as much as you can to make the loan checks from the first two semesters stretch for the summer i'm guessing... yay for ramen noodles..

amartins02

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2004
Status
Pharmacy Student
Yea. I do that now. I used to live on my own prior to going to school full time so I have risidual bills. I try to stretch out my budget as much as possible so that the money will last. I will put in a little room so that every once in a while I can fun. Hey, can't have all work and no play, right.

Painless

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2005
Texas
Status
i remember ut houston saying that there were opportunities during their summers for mission trips (which i hope they wouldnt make you pay for) or doing research which usually provides some kind of stipend.

OP
B

BeachLuvr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2004
Houston, Texas
Status
Hmmm I'll have to look into that. I'm really interested in traveling as much as possible :) Even going so far as trying out for the Amazing Race!!! I'll have to go look into that...

Beach