what about No Credits and Drops?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedmom

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be graduating with a degree in finance in 2005. Over last summer I recieved a No Credit in Bioethics. I plan on retaking the course and feel confident that I can do well in it. The reason for the No Credit was an overload of classes over the summer that led to incomplete work in this class. I also have recieved a Drop in an Investing course from this spring. OTher than these classes I have recieved all A's and one B+. I have volunteer experience, as well. HOw much will these classes hurt me given that I plan to retake and do well?

Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, NC in bioethics? That won't look good to adcoms. If you think that your excuse for doing poorly in the course is good, and if you can convince the adcoms via your application and personal statement that you aren't a total loser, and definately retake (AND GET AN A), then you should be alright.

But still. Bioethics? Haha.

Drops should be alright. Just work on the other aspects of your application, and get really good letters of recommendation, and you'll have a shot.

Hi PreMedMom... no, it's not really that bad. Take it easy :)

I can't tell you about the "no credit" but what i would do is order an official transcript. I did this a few months ago and found that any class i had "dropped" did NOT show up on my transcript... ANYWHERE. I was surprised, because the drop DID show up on my semester grade report (as a drop, with no grade). I can't say whether this is the case for all schools, but it is at mine.

Take it easy... most people run into a scheduling conflict at some point, it's just kind of funny that you dropped bioethics, that's all the previous poster meant. Far better to drop and retake for a good grade, than to get a bad grade in Bioethics... which would REALLY look strange!!!!!!!! :D