What about OLD Dental Decks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omahahahaha

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used old Dental Decks to study for boards? Someone recently gave me the 1992 version of the decks and I'm wondering how different they are from the newest versions?

I'm just wondering if I should buy the 2004 version of the decks or keep what I have. I'd rather not spend any money if they are similar.

My initial thought is that if people study old released Boards exams from the early 90's, then my version of the decks would be good enough.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I used a 2001 set of Decks and found them to be nearly identical in content to the 2004 decks, just a different color scheme.

I don't know about early 90's...The old exams that were most like the real exam were those from the late 90's and the pilot exam. My advice...see how much you can buy a 2001 set of decks for in comparison to the 2004...or just barter a good deal for the 2004 decks. I probably wouldn't use a '92 set.

Good luck.

They are fine. I used the older ones and did very well. Want to buy some?

Members don't see this ad :)
Zurik5 said:
They are fine. I used the older ones and did very well. Want to buy some?

You DID use the 92 version and did fine?

I would think that the '92 decks would be too old. One of the old tests i took from the 80's said they thought Herpes Simplex 2 was responsible for cervical cancer. You should be able to get a good deal on the 2004 decks from a classmate soon because they are coming out with a new edition of the decks this fall.

ItsGavinC said:
Are they? In the past they've come out with them every 3 years, with last year being the most recent.
If you go to the decks website, it says new edition coming out this fall. I assume they are trying to capitalize on the change in format of the NBDE I so they can either make some more money or include some case based type of cards.