What about Pediatrics Section of Toronto Notes 2012 For Step 2 CK??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agabozy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have found Toronto Notes are great for clinical rotations....They are really great notes.....but I need your experience about this notes for step 2 ck especially Pediatrics??? ....Do they cover most of the concepts for pediatrics questions in step 2 ck especially uworld questions ??....or Kaplan Pediatrics is better??????....
BTW I love the bulleted outline like Step Up to Medicine ,Goljan Pathology
So I don't like Blueprints in pediatrics (I wish the new 6th edition become better )

and found that BRS Pediatrics is very old one ..it is only first edition released in 2004 (although i hear very good positive views about this book but I love to stick to new updated material)

and First Aid for pediatrics clerkship 3rd edition ...I hear that full of errors and low yield information not tested in the exam

.....So I put my choices in the end between Toronto Notes 2012 Pediatrics Section and Kaplan Lecture Notes Pediatrics 2011-2012 in comparison ?
...Which one is the best from your experiences ???????

Members don't see this ad.

Agreed. Most of my paeds was neonatology and that plus the other outliers were adequately covered in mtb3 or first aid

Use American resources for American exams & Canadian sources for Canadian exams. This will save you headaches when it comes to converting metric to SI and following local protocols.

ie LGA based on weight infant is not an indication for C-section in Canada per SOGC while ACOG recommends C-section if infant is over a certain weight

ie Screening for Dyslipidemia starts at the age of 40 or 45 for both men and women in Canada / USPTF recommends screening for Dyslidemias at 35 for men and 45 for women

ect...

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone recommend buying Toronto Book vs online access. Pros / Cons?

Thanks for any input