What accomplishments do you feel set you apart from other applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faefly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What accomplishments do you feel set you apart from other applicants? This is one of NYU supplementary questions.

This is a very hard question.

What kind of accomplishments are they looking for?

and who knows if my accomplishments indeed set me apart from other people?

I mean most of my accomplishments are in terms of grades and scores, but I don't know?

Members don't see this ad.

They are looking at a couple thousand applications, NYU gets a lot. I don't think they are going to care much. Your questions will be read in a matter of a few minutes and then onto the next one. Don't overthink it

Reactions: 1 user
They are looking at a couple thousand applications, NYU gets a lot. I don't think they are going to care much. Your questions will be read in a matter of a few minutes and then onto the next one. Don't overthink it

Great. Thank you! So I just need a decent answer with correct grammar then :)

Do I treat all supplementary questions like this or only NYU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im considering withdrawing my application from NYU lol. Wish I had never applied considering the estimated debt.

What sets you apart? The boldness to apply to a school that will wreck your finances indefinitely. Might not be the best answer on second thought...

Last edited:
Im considering withdrawing my application from NYU lol. Wish I had never applied considering the estimated debt.

What sets you apart? The boldness to apply to a schools that will wreck your finances indefinitely. Might not be the best answer on second thought...
amen

NYU is a very good institution, but it has some significant flaws. Personally, I will only go to an expensive school like NYU or USC if I am awarded a scholarship.

What sets you apart? The boldness to apply to a schools that will wreck your finances indefinitely. Might not be the best answer on second thought...

NYU is a very good institution, but it has some significant flaws. Personally, I will only go to an expensive school like NYU or USC if I am awarded a scholarship.

I'm willing to go anywhere they offer me a seat.

Reactions: 4 users

I'm with you but NYU is crippling in terms of finances. Essentially you will NEVER be able to live a reasonable lifestyle with that much debt after interest.

I'm with you but NYU is crippling in terms of finances. Essentially you will NEVER be able to live a reasonable lifestyle with that much debt after interest.
I'm in the military. I have tuition options. Not all of them are attractive, but I have some tricks up my sleeve. If all else fails I know of some contracting jobs in Afghanistan that pay $350K per year. If I can't find a way I will make one.

Reactions: 4 users
lol, you are sitting in my heart! I'm thinking the same way.. I'm not really interested in a certain school but yeah any school offers me a seat I'm down lol

Reactions: 1 users