What after licence. How to make start making money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asulikeit49

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have just completed my WREB and am hope ful of clearing it. I have had 3 yrs of advanced education here in the US and a certificate in Pediatric dentistry. I guess I am all set.... but still confused on various issues

I am starting this thread to have insight into the possibilities a foreign trained graduate with 2 yr advanced education from ADA accredited program has in private practices. Let us discuss about the scenarios after we clear the clinical exams--like WREB/NERB/CRDTS/SRTA etc..There is ample information for everyone in these forums to get to this point of your career. But very less information exists about the possibilities after this step when all the hard work is ready to get compensated. I feel that its important to make this decision right as most of us by the time we reach this stage have worked very hard and reached 30 yrs + of age. Every day that we work after this time should be counted because many of us have spent a lot of money, worked without money and have commitments back home that need to be fulfilled
We know that foreign trained graduates have ample opportunities in academics. But everyone agrees that academics though is rewarding in a professional sense, it is not as lucrative as private practice. So unless out of choice, one should not be in academics. There is lack of information and unless this information is shared, there would be someone who is stuck at a place that is not paying him as much as he deserves. For example, if I had more options, probably I would have been in private practice than in academics. I am sure people would be more inclined to private practices than be inclined towards academics, if it was possible to do so.
With an expectation that people will share this useful information here, I am starting this thread We may have discussion about the private practice oppotunities for foreign trained, skillful and hard working people.

These would be the points to start the discussion on--
States that would allow you to get licensed
Which websites to go to
Where to look for jobs
How to get where so that you may get a green card fast
How much revenues we are looking at
What should the contracts for associates consist
Do's and dont's of all these factors etc etc...

So lets start.....

Members don't see this ad.