What %age of Step 1 is normal physiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foot Fetish

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As in testing your knowledge of physiologic principles completely unrelated to a disease pathology...very little if any, I would imagine. Right? I am under the assumption that it's pretty much all pathophys, no?

Members don't see this ad.

As in testing your knowledge of physiologic principles completely unrelated to a disease pathology...very little if any, I would imagine. Right? I am under the assumption that it's pretty much all pathophys, no?

I was pretty worried about physio early in my studies and it was my lowest grade in basic sciences but in my experience as long as you can do it on uworld you will be fine for the exam. Do the UWSA tests as well. The kind of high yield stuff you need to know related to physio is either really integrated with path or other subjects or more straight up uworld or FA. Like I wouldn't go study hard core physio on it's own unless you really are low on that specific subject imo.