what am i supposed to be doing now...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

user123456

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry if this is a stupid question-
turned in my amcas early june, and won't get any secondaries until after july...so is there something i should be/can be doing now?
can i even be working on secondaries and is it worth hunting down prompts from last year and start writing?

i'm asking because i'm going abroad early july for the rest of the summer and would like to spend my remaining weeks in the states most productively. but i've just been eating and sleeping.

thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

yes, pre-write secondaries. look in the school specific threads from the previous cycle(s) to find out what the prompts will be, most likely. some of them do change from year to year, but chances are there will be overlap among schools and you'll be able to re-use essays. just make sure you edit them accordingly for each school.

You aren't working towards a cure for the common cold?

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, pre-write secondaries. look in the school specific threads from the previous cycle(s) to find out what the prompts will be, most likely. some of them do change from year to year, but chances are there will be overlap among schools and you'll be able to re-use essays. just make sure you edit them accordingly for each school.

^This. A lot of schools will reuse the same questions they had in their secondaries from the previous year.

Definitely what everyone else said - write your essays now and perfect them! When they finally send you their secondaries, you can submit them within 24hrs. It's worth it