What are best materials for Step 2 ck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mangostrawberry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what are the best materials to study for Step 2 ck? I'm thinking master the boards and uworld, is there anything else out there that is good.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I really wanted to like MTB, but my gosh it's horrible. A LOT of inconsistencies betweeen it and uworld. I was always having to double check anything I read in there. And it's missing a ton of big topics. Be careful if you're gonna use that one!

Reactions: 1 user
Uworld is gold standard for sure. I personally use First Aid as base book, however I don't think it's that sufficient(Defenitely can't match their Step 1 product). Make sure you take notes well from Uworld. My test 2 more months

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard anything about firecracker? I went to ACP and they were recommending it as a question bank to use. It only has about 1,048 for Step 2 ck.

Have you heard anything about firecracker? I went to ACP and they were recommending it as a question bank to use. It only has about 1,048 for Step 2 ck.

I've looked through firecracker, MTB, Step up to CK, and First Aid for something to read when I'm not doing UW. As far as resources go, firecracker covers the material shown in UW the closest and it's not even close with the other 3.

I've been having pretty decent results with UWorld + Step Up To Medicine. It's a little longer of a read, but I feel like it's very close to the level of detail covered in UWorld.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I've been having pretty decent results with UWorld + Step Up To Medicine. It's a little longer of a read, but I feel like it's very close to the level of detail covered in UWorld.

Have you heard anything about Step Up to Step 2? I want something comprehensive and own MTB but that one is getting mixed reviews lately. Obviously planning on UWorld, plus OnlineMedEd.​

Have you heard anything about Step Up to Step 2? I want something comprehensive and own MTB but that one is getting mixed reviews lately. Obviously planning on UWorld, plus OnlineMedEd.​

I haven't heard much about it, but have seen some people using it to study. My IM knowledge is very underwhelming, and with IM making up a huge part of the test, I decided to go all in.

I haven't heard much about it, but have seen some people using it to study. My IM knowledge is very underwhelming, and with IM making up a huge part of the test, I decided to go all in.

Totally get that. I'm planning on using SUTM. I just also wanted something else that's comprehensive because I'm afraid I've forgotten all of my surgery/etc and there's no way I can get through Case Files for every rotation again. Thanks!

Totally get that. I'm planning on using SUTM. I just also wanted something else that's comprehensive because I'm afraid I've forgotten all of my surgery/etc and there's no way I can get through Case Files for every rotation again. Thanks!

I think if you are doing OME that should at least be the most efficient use of your time for all non-IM subjects. I can't imagine having time to do anything beyond OME, SUTM and UW. I'm doing something similar - not sure how much time I'll even have for SUTM.