What are considered mid-tier schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorWannaBe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that I have applied to too many top 20 schools, and several lower ranked schools, but not enough middle/average schools. Does anyone have any recommendations of mid-tier schools (preferably in the Northeast or West) that I might apply to with a 31 MCAT? Or maybe a range of US News rankings that would be considered middle schools? It might be too late for many of them, but I'm still interested in suggestions. Thanks!

Here's what I applied to:
2 top 10
3 10-20 (already rejected from Vandy)
1 20-30
2 30-40
1 40-50
3 unranked

Members don't see this ad.

Can you please give us the names of the schools? If you want specific answers on such a specific question then give us specific data.

i'd consider schools like gtown, dartmouth, wake forest, and tulane to be mid-tier.

for me, mid-tier was ranking approx 40-60, but it is not really cut and dry like that.

there aren't too many mid-tier schools in the west, but maybe you could try usc or ohsu. ucd and uci might be considered mid-tier, but don't apply if you are not a california resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's odd because I can find unranked schools that have match lists that can compete with or blow away the match lists of some top 30 schools.

The "big evil" with 666 posts? AAAAHHHH!!!! Run away!!!

oh holy crap.... :eek: :eek:

:laugh: