What are decent pharmacy schools with the LOWEST TUITION possible in the US?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by dreamer122, Jun 25, 2018.

1. dreamer122

Pre-Pharmacy
    I am in the middle of deciding which pharmacy schools to apply to. How do you research for pharmacy schools in the US? Is there a website with a legit pharmacy school ranking including tuition and everything? I used to use startclass but the website is no longer working, and is not legit as well. Now I am so loss with endless of pharmacy schools to choose from.

I know a few well-known ones like UCSD Skaggs, UCSF, UNC Eshelman, but I need good, accredited schools with the lowest tuition as possible and have decent ranking.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lalaland33

Pharmacy Student
    Start with the schools in your state first because in-state tuition is usually cheaper than going out of state.

4. BC_89

This answer......100%

5. Peterpiper1

Save your money and don’t go to pharmacy school, imo.

Modest_anteater likes this.
  6. BidingMyTime

BidingMyTime Lost Shaker Of Salt

Pharmacist
    Applying to schools in the state that you live in, is the only reasonable answer. If you can't get accepted to an in-school state, then you need to take a serious look at the reasons why, as those reasons will make it much harder for you to graduate from pharmacy school, pass the NAPLEX, and get a job as a pharmacist.

Modest_anteater likes this.
  7. postcolor

When I was looking at schools I noticed Idaho State University had relatively inexpensive tuition and so does Washington State University. You may pay more your first year, but after becoming a resident the cost will go down extensively.