What are good jobs for DPT Students???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDPT1122

Reaction score
I am starting my DPT program in May. I was thinking about trying to get a job at a local library or for the school I am attending. I also thought about showing houses for a real estate company. I would have to get a license for it but if I can choose my hours and make more than working at a library or gym attendant I would do it! Are there any good job options I could explore?? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I am starting my DPT program in May. I was thinking about trying to get a job at a local library or for the school I am attending. I also thought about showing houses for a real estate company. I would have to get a license for it but if I can choose my hours and make more than working at a library or gym attendant I would do it! Are there any good job options I could explore?? Thank you in advance!
Current third year student here, a lot of my cohort would work weekends at a restaurant or work some hours at the school gym. Outside of that, school is your number 1 job. Good luck with classes in May!

Reactions: 1 user
Working as a personal trainer has not only been excellent money, but it has helped me excel in my PT practice. It will set you apart from other students and it will thrust your ther-ex reasoning more than you think it would. I would HIGHLY recommend!!

Members don't see this ad :)
A job where you don't need to do much so that you could be studying while "working." As an option, being a caregiver (for an easy client) where they want you just to be present in case they need something.
Jobs that bring you more money will require your time and presence. To play safe and not sacrifice passing your classes, go to PT school for a month or two and see how you can handle the workload and then look for a job based on the free time you have available for working.

Thank you guys so much I appreciate the input!! Il look into the options you guys gave!