Pharmacy What are my chance of getting accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have mostly Bs and As across the board, but I repeated three classes (orgo 1, Calc 2, genetics) to get an A, and I have a C in anatomy and C- in Physics, I still have to take physiology and organic chemistry 2 then my prerequisites are fulfilled.
How do my odds look of getting in. Im really scared to take orgo 2 as i failed before, I am apart of student governments such as american chemical society, and muslim students association.
I still have to study for entrance exams.
My question is how do my odds look of getting in, maybe even recommend schools based of these rough estimate of grades?
Chances of getting accepted are 100% on you.
We can only advise on chances of getting interviews.
You giving us way too little information to even begin to advice on that score.

What are your year-by-year gpas?

Members don't see this ad.

Based on prior posts, it seems like maybe you're aiming for pharmacy school? Could you clarify so that we can give you better advice?

If indeed you are considering med school, I agree we don't have enough information, but failing a pre-req and repeating multiple other classes would be pretty bad red flags.

If this is indeed catered to pharmacy then this question has already been answered for you in the pharmacy forums. However, instead of a generalized assessment I'll outline what's important for you in submitting for school (If this is indeed pharmacy).

If you are referring to the PCAT as an entrance exam, then I will say that of the 141 programs (full or candidate status), 80% of them no longer require the exam in terms of an applicants package submission.

As for the acceptance chances: Pharmacy programs use the "Pharmacy College of Application Services" better known as PharmCAS. This is a centralized application service that nearly all programs use in order to better evaluate your stance for an interview. If any of your prerequisites fall below a "C" grade, PharmCAS will kick back your application (in the chance that it doesn't then the program automatically will). I mention this because for your physics prerequisite, you will not be able to properly apply to any program in the country at this time (unless you can find a program that does their own primary application and will waive a "C" minimal requirement).

The information you have currently provided is very rough. Without knowing enough details it's hard to gauge a proper assessment. However I can tell you this: You will not be able to apply to any pharmacy program unless you get a waiver for your prerequisites that fall below the minimal threshold that's mentioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is all for pharmacy school
Then my statement applies. You will not be able to apply to any program if you have not passed all of your prerequisites. You will need to retake physics as it is part of the prerequisite write-up in order to submit your information through PharmCAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.