MD What are my chances? 123 CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcarder30

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my MCAT score back. First time test taker and mortified to see I got a 123 on CARS. My other scores are 129/123/129/130 for an overall score of 511. Just some background I served four years in the United States Army as a combat medic and since being honorably discharged in 2018 I have worked full time as a patient care technician in a pediatric level one trauma center. I have had numerous leadership positions in my career both military and civilian including battalion senior medic slots. I am currently a member of the diversity committee at said trauma center and am conducting molecular genetic research on cystic fibrosis using yeast as a model organism for humans. I have no publications or anything crazy at the moment. I am a first generation college student in Alabama and per amcas am disadvantaged. I have some volunteering and shadowing but nothing crazy due to working full time and going to school full time. I graduate this fall with my bachelors in biology and my science GPA is a 4.0 with a cumulative gpa of 3.93 (per amcas). Any advice is greatly appreciated if you need more info please just ask.

Members don't see this ad.

Do not be concerned about the CARS score. I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Alabama
South Alabama
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Emory
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Miami
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Georgetown
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
Einstein
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Apply in the next week and submit all your secondaries by early September.