MD What are my chances?? 124 in CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rukid95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances with the follow stats and schools I am looking to apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can remove UNC since you are not a resident of that state. The other schools are fine but add Rowan MD in NJ. Other schools to consider:
Penn State
Temple
Tufts
Hofstra
Albany
New York Medical
GW
Wake Forest
Seton Hall (if it opens for 2017)

Thanks Faha! Do you believe the 124 in CARS will significantly hinder my chances with higher tier schools such as NYU, Albert Einstein, etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Faha! Do you believe the 124 in CARS will significantly hinder my chances with higher tier schools such as NYU, Albert Einstein, etc?
It is unpredictable since you do not know who will be reviewing your application. Just apply and see what happens.

Any other suggestions to the college list or tips in general regarding my situation? I appreciate all the help in advance. Thank you. @Goro @gyngyn

I suggest:

U VM

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Rochester

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Rosy Franklin

BU

MCW

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Tulane

Dartmouth

Loyola

Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.

Your state school(s).

Any DO program

Any other suggestions to the college list or tips in general regarding my situation? I appreciate all the help in advance. Thank you. @Goro @gyngyn

I suggest:

U VM

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Rochester

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Rosy Franklin

BU

MCW

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Tulane

Dartmouth

Loyola

Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.

Your state school(s).

Any DO program

Thank you! Appreciate the suggestions @Goro!