What are my chances 28F (NY) mostly for DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rsrchchmcl21

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am 28F from NY 2020-2021 application cycle will be my third and last try & I would like to know my honest shot at some of the DO schools. *Asian

Here are my stats:
- Rutgers University Undergrad
- cGPA - 3.4
- sGPA - 3.3
- MCAT - 499 & 514
- Research - 5000 + hours from working gap year
- Publications (2) AJRCCM and Science Translational
- Conference presentations (5)
- ER Scribe 500hrs +
- Hospital Volunteer 200hrs +
- Volunteer as tutor 500 hrs +

I would love to ED Albany MD bc of location and plans to live there, but I honestly don't think any MD schools will look at me after passing on me 2 cycles
1st cycle was MD schools with 3 DO schools at october
2nd cycle I had some MD but all Rs and I am currently sitting on 4 WL from DO schools.

Sigh, its really rough having to deal with MCAT expiring and window of opportunity closing. I also highkey thinking about changing career after next year because this isnt sustainable for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
What happened with your first application with the DO schools (not knowing what has changed between first and second applications)?
I applied to DO schools much earlier and broader in the second year

Can you give us your school lists from the last two years with the results?

Don't give up. Shadow and apply to a bunch of DO schools and you should get in somewhere.

With being on 4 WL, it seems to me that your biggest weakness this cycle were your interviewing skills. Since you received some II this past cycle, your stats and ECs are definitely good enough to receive some II for next cycle. So make sure to prepare for your interviews even more and to apply broadly to DO schools. I think if you do that you'll have a really good shot next cycle.

With being on 4 WL, it seems to me that your biggest weakness this cycle were your interviewing skills. Since you received some II this past cycle, your stats and ECs are definitely good enough to receive some II for next cycle. So make sure to prepare for your interviews even more and to apply broadly to DO schools. I think if you do that you'll have a really good shot next cycle.
Yeah I was a nervous wreck the first two times. I learned the hard way not to sacrifice my authenticity.