What are my chances 3.4 gpa 20dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahmedds

Reaction score
Planning on applying next cycle I have a 3.4 science and 3.4 o gpa a 20 dat and 100 hours shadowing and in several clubs
Should I retake the dat and strive for a 21 or so you think a 20 will be fine. Is NYU ,Rutgers West Virginia,Maryland, and temple possible

Members don't see this ad.

What are the rest of your DAT scores? I would think you would be fine. I had a 3.2 sgpa and 21 AA/TS and received 7 interviews. Research schools and apply broadly (12-15). Some schools to consider (other than the ones you listed, someone else will have to shed some light on those schools) are LECOM, UNE, AT STILL, and Indiana.

Planning on applying next cycle I have a 3.4 science and 3.4 o gpa a 20 dat and 100 hours shadowing and in several clubs
Should I retake the dat and strive for a 21 or so you think a 20 will be fine. Is NYU ,Rutgers West Virginia,Maryland, and temple possible
were any sections under 17?

apply EARLY and broadly/wisely

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the rest of your DAT scores? I would think you would be fine. I had a 3.2 sgpa and 21 AA/TS and received 7 interviews. Research schools and apply broadly (12-15). Some schools to consider (other than the ones you listed, someone else will have to shed some light on those schools) are LECOM, UNE, AT STILL, and Indiana.

Got a 20 in every section

How many shadowing and volunteering hours do you have? I'd also apply to lecom, nova, both mwu, and asdoh. If you're a minority I'd apply yo meharry and howard too.

Are you a West Virginia resident? If not, then it'll be tough to get into that program with your stats.

Hi! Fellow 3.4 gpa, 20 DAT peep here and I made it in just fine! Got into Maryland, temple and nyu, did not apply to Rutgers or West Virginia though. If The rest of your app is up to par, you’ll be okay. Write an interesting personal statement, get it checked by friends and your university’s writing center/prehealth advisors, and have the community service hours to show your commitment and have something interesting to talk about during interviews. I was in your exact shoes just a few months ago. I applied to around 15 schools If I remember correctly, and I was sure not a single one was gonna give me the time of day. Heck I was already mentally prepared to retake the DAT and go into a masters. None of that was necessary and you know what, interviewers at schools with averages WAY above my stats told me my GPA/DAT was “fine,good, it’s what you need.” Now I’m no adcom obviously, but to me that means my stats weren’t detrimental to my app. I’m sure they didn’t help at all, but they didn’t hurt either, instead the rest of my app landed me interviews/acceptances. Good luck to you, If you ever want to chat just hit me up!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Fellow 3.4 gpa, 20 DAT peep here and I made it in just fine! Got into Maryland, temple and nyu, did not apply to Rutgers or West Virginia though. If The rest of your app is up to par, you’ll be okay. Write an interesting personal statement, get it checked by friends and your university’s writing center/prehealth advisors, and have the community service hours to show your commitment and have something interesting to talk about during interviews. I was in your exact shoes just a few months ago. I applied to around 15 schools If I remember correctly, and I was sure not a single one was gonna give me the time of day. Heck I was already mentally prepared to retake the DAT and go into a masters. None of that was necessary and you know what, interviewers at schools with averages WAY above my stats told me my GPA/DAT was “fine,good, it’s what you need.” Now I’m no adcom obviously, but to me that means my stats weren’t detrimental to my app. I’m sure they didn’t help at all, but they didn’t hurt either, instead the rest of my app landed me interviews/acceptances. Good luck to you, If you ever want to chat just hit me up!

Yes thank you so much this makes me feel way more confident and I will definitely ask any questions in the future if I have any !