What are my chances? 3.8 gpa, 30 MCAT?! GA Resident.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wattupdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
With your GPA and assuming 30 MCAT, if you apply early and broadly you'll get into an MD school somewhere (I'd say multiple but this process is a crap shoot). Good luck! You're in a great spot with your ec's and gpa.

Do you think I have a shot at Emory or MCG?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can list your study abroad program next May when you complete your AMCAS. Just make sure that everything is ready to go before you leave (letters, MCAT, transcripts, PS etc.) and make sure how you can promptly send the transcript from another university (if you are taking courses overseas in this upcoming spring semester). Don't let your transcript delay your AMCAS. That is one of reasons why people don't usually take courses overseas right before the application cycle.

I am not sure about MCG, but if you get a balanced 30, I think you might have a shot at MCG and even Emory. Emory might be tougher but you can certainly give it a try.

Ideally, I personally would like to see stronger research, more leadership roles, and more unique ECs, but you should be fine.

Ya, I was thinking my shot at Emory was pretty low too, but thats okay since I don't want to do research, so no emory isn't that big of a deal to me.

Is it still mandatory I get a non-science letter, even if I am using my pre med comittee for letter, and they require 3 science faculty, and 2 others(MD and PI)?

Ya, I was thinking my shot at Emory was pretty low too, but thats okay since I don't want to do research, so no emory isn't that big of a deal to me.

Is it still mandatory I get a non-science letter, even if I am using my pre med comittee for letter, and they require 3 science faculty, and 2 others(MD and PI)?

Usually, the pre-med committee letter itself should suffice the LOR requirements. So my first impression is that no you don't need a non-science letter. But I am not quite sure.