What are my chances? 33O MCAT 10 BS/11 PS/12 VR GPA 3.84 BCMP 3.7

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doktorious

Bachelor of Awesomeness
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats: 33O MCAT 10 BS/11 PS/12 VR GPA 3.84 BCMP 3.7 Great ECs/Leadership

1) What are my chances of getting into the top 10?

2) Are MD/PhD programs just out of my league? I have research experience and a research project proposal.

3) Should I retake the MCAT with a prep course (I self studied)?

4) What are some schools I have a really good chance of getting into?

Members don't see this ad.

1) Its up in the air, if you're an URM (under represented minority) then you have a great chance, if not you're basically average unless your extra curriculars are fantastic.

2) How many years/papers? I know some one who got into University of Florida's MD/PhD with a 3.7 (avg for matriculation is 3.8) but he worked undergrad for 4 years and had over 10 papers published by the time he applied.

3) In my opinion no, that score is spot on. May not be perfect for a top 10 but retaking the MCAT with any score over a 30 is leaving open the possibility of scoring lower.

4) You're state schools are a great bet for you. Maybe Georgetown, Harvard, Mayo (If your ECs are as amazing as you say) and have a few back up school. Definitely shouldn't bother DO since you will most likely get into a Mid-Tier School and maybe a reach school.

Good luck! And great job on those stats.