What are my chances: 4.0 GPA 508 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JugglesMed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. 4.0 GPA and 4.0 Science GPA
  2. MCAT: 508. 126 Physics/Chem, 126 CARS, 127 bio, 129 Psych
  3. State of residence: Florida
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Spanish (Cuban)
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: UCF
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 120+ Hours at Hospital. 100+ hours internship at a doctor's office
  7. Research experience and productivity: None, currently searching for oppurtunity
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 90+ Hours shadowing about 5 different doctors (Surgeons, pediatricians, neurologist)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 75+ Hours volunteering with special needs. 30+ hours feeding homeless. 1 week mission trip to Haiti
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): I am a leader for my group that volunteers with special needs children. I help the new volunteers and teach them what to do, along with setting up the activities.
  11. Relevant honors or awards: President's honor award every single semester of college
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: I do not have a real job but I am a freelancer online and sell java programs to others. I also trade stocks in my free time (Not sure if i should include these in my application or not but I have made some decent money doing it and it allows my time to be flexible).
Schools I plan to apply to:

All Florida schools, Tulane, Penn State. Still looking for more schools to apply too. Any suggestions and other schools to add? Looking for a well balanced list of schools

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should receive several interviews from your Florida schools. What other regions of the country are you interested in?

You should receive several interviews from your Florida schools. What other regions of the country are you interested in?

I'd prefer to stay in the SouthEast but I'm willing to go where ever I'm accepted to.
I looked into South/North Carolina and Alabama but I've heard they mostly only accept in state people?

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try these schools:
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Most of the state public schools have a strong instate preference.

You could try these schools:
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Most of the state public schools have a strong instate preference.

Thanks

Thought from others on what schools I should apply to?

All FL schools
VCU
WF
EVMS
Temple
Jefferson
NYMC
Albany
Ros Frank
Drexel
Creighton
Georgetown
GWU
Loyola
MCW
Oakland
Penn state
SLU
WVU
Tulane
Vermont
Einstein
Viginia Tech
Wright State
Rochester

and Id probably just throw like 3-4 DO apps out there as a safety net.

-PCOM
-DMU
-NOVA
- KCU