What are my chances? 500 and 3.84cgpa/3.78 sgpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aristeidis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I mean, just want to say, all DOs "practice allopathic medicine". OMT is the only difference and all DOs I know personally do not use it...

If you mean the title of MD or DO, that is another thing I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Apply to your state MD schools (if you must) and hope for the best.
If you are a native Spanish speaker, there are three schools in Puerto Rico that consider mainlanders.
Put your energy into DO where it is more likely to pay off. With those two scores I'm sure you are aware that many DO schools may also be a reach...
Medicine is medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to your state MD schools (if you must) and hope for the best.
If you are a native Spanish speaker, there are three schools in Puerto Rico that consider mainlanders.
Put your energy into DO where it is more likely to pay off. With those two scores, I'm sure you are aware that many DO schools may also be a reach...
Medicine is medicine.
Basically, what I expected. I'm losing hope as this was my second attempt. Safe to assume I'll be taking a gap year and just need to bring my mcat up. Is it even worth it to apply this cycle? statistically there's probably less than a 10% chance, if that with an mcat like that.

Basically, what I expected. I'm losing hope as this was my second attempt. Safe to assume I'll be taking a gap year and just need to bring my mcat up. Is it even worth it to apply this cycle? statistically there's probably less than a 10% chance, if that with an mcat like that.
I can't recommend an MD application with these scores.

Reactions: 1 user
What schools are within reach for a DO school?
With your stats you have a chance for an interview at these DO schools:
UIW (new school-Texas)
ARCOM (new school)
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas (new school)
RVU-Utah (new school)
ATSU-SOMA
Statistically your chances for a MD acceptance are ~25% (unless you are URM) so there is a small chance you could receive an interview or 2 from your Texas schools but realistically you should be applying to a large number of DO schools.