What are my chances AAMC FL 1 499

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO_or_Die

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help. I just took the first AAMC FL 1 and got a 499 ..125/124/124/126 cGPA 3.75, sGPA 3.92

Kaplan FL 1 was 494 at the beginning of my prep
NS 1 was 503 about 3 weeks ago.

CARS was a killer for me on AAMC, I had to guess on the last 7 questions because I ran out of time and C/P had a ton of orgo, way more orgo than I was thinking there would be.

I'm an ORM pediatric registered trauma nurse with 5k+ patient care hours, was a CNA with ~800+ hours in nursing school, good letters of rec from MD's/DO's I have worked with, average EC's working as a nurse/counsellor at summer camps for kids with special needs and 6+ months volunteering at the humane society. I am kind of freaking out, I was honestly expecting a 507 with how confident I was feeling after this test.. I take the MCAT May 11th. Yikes.

Members don't see this ad.

Most things look really good for you. Your grades are high and your EC's are solid. Kaplan FL does not give accurate scores.....you can expect a 5-10 point bump from the score they give you to where you actually are. A 499 is average, but sounds like that's not where you want to be. I know many students who have ben accepted with <500 so it's not going to kill your application. You still have a month left though so there's time to improve your score. Get as many practice questions in as you can and then spend time to review each question and figure out why you got it right or why you got it wrong. Take at least 1 FL/week, but 2 would be better. If you stick to it, I'm sure that the 507 will be very possible.

Keep grinding you can do it! Those practice tests are only good predictors for super high and super low scores. Just use it for practice with timing. Today is not test day. You’ve still got time. FWIW I never broke 500 on Kaplan but got a 504 on the real thing. Not great, but it got the job done. Wikipremed is my go to for physics chem stuff.

Good luck!