what are my chances?!? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The D

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...I live in Quebec and I want to apply for McGill Medicine in about 2 years i guess. I'm currently doing a Bacherlors in Accountancy NOT in McGill (although was accepted) and have a business GPA of 3.85. I have all of my pre-reqs done in Cegep (or Senior high for all the people from the States) and I'm only missing organic chemistry, which I plan to take as soon as possible. I'm willing to volunteer as much as possible, even go over seas to do some volunteering, funded by my own money. However, the only issue is that McGill Med wants their applicants to have been taking a full course load, which is 5 courses. However, in my University, a full course load is 4. Furthermore, I'm currently working, because my program is a work-study type program in which i'm in school for 3 semesters, than work for one, than back to school, etc... and McGill wants students that studied with no interruptions. How will this intefere with my application? What should I do to really tilt the odds in my favour? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

*I still have another three semesters of schooling before i finish

can i say u are screwed?...
its so annoying that these canadian schools want uninterupted and full course load every year.. like it really matters.

ppl taht go to like waterloo and co-op are put in such a bad position.

u cant change your school format of 4 courses, or ur work-study program.
so i say just give them a call, ask for their stand in this, and do as well as possible in everything else.

i can always drop out of the work-study thing and just take 5 courses from here on out..i asked them about how the felt..and the person in the office just said it really depends on the interviewer...