DO What are my chances as a very average applicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LostPuppy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wish I knew what school that was! I would love to meet you, you're always so helpful!

Thanks Goro :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't retake the MCAT. You are more than fine for all DO schools and decent for your state MD depending on how much the retakes boosted your sGPA.

Don't retake the MCAT. You are more than fine for all DO schools and decent for your state MD depending on how much the retakes boosted your sGPA.

You really don't think I need to retake the MCAT?

You really don't think I need to retake the MCAT?

Why do you think you need to? If you are applying to DO schools you are far above the median at almost every school, and right at the average for the other handful. For your state MD you are also fine with a 508. What are your GPAs without replacement?

Why do you think you need to? If you are applying to DO schools you are far above the median at almost every school, and right at the average for the other handful. For your state MD you are also fine with a 508. What are your GPAs without replacement?

You're right, I think i'm being a bit crazy. My GPA without retakes is something like a xxx, but I don't know the exact calculation.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where were you invited to interview/accepted? I'm curious because my LizzyM is also ~66.

Thanks!

Last edited:
You're right, I think i'm being a bit crazy. My GPA without retakes is something like a 3.4, but I don't know the exact calculation.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where were you invited to interview/accepted? I'm curious because my LizzyM is also ~66.

Thanks!

PM me