What are my chances at D.O Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saleemrodman1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.35 Overall GPA (-)
30 MCAT Score (+)
B.S in Chemistry (+)
Research Work (+)
Laboratory Internship (+)
Orphanage Work Ghana (+)
2 Medical Brigades Honduras (+)
Hospital Volunteer (+)
Physician Shadowing (+)
Orphanage Work Uganda (+)
Orphanage Work Vietnam (+)
Traveled to 30 countries (/)
Multilingual (/)

Members don't see this ad.

I take it you didn't get into MD schools yet this cycle?

You have a pretty good shot, but you were a shoe in had you applied 2 months ago. It's getting late.

The above is my cousin's
but my qualifications similarily are:

3.30 Overall GPA (-)
32 MCAT Score (+)
B.S in Biology (+)
Minor in Chemistry (+)
Research Work (+)
Laboratory Internship (+)
Orphanage Work Ghana (+)
2 Medical Brigades
Hospital Volunteer (+)
Physician Shadowing (+)
Orphanage Work Uganda (+)
Orphanage Work Vietnam (+)
Multilingual (/)

Members don't see this ad :)
I take it you didn't get into MD schools yet this cycle?

You have a pretty good shot, but you were a shoe in had you applied 2 months ago. It's getting late.

Nah, I sent everything away in July. I have the same stats and 2 iis, one pending and one resulting in a waitlist.

I haven't applied to MD schools in fear of not getting in

Nah, I sent everything away in July. I have the same stats and 2 iis, one pending and one resulting in a waitlist.

My comment was directed towards Saleem. I think. I'm not sure who is who.

This cycle? Competitive at newer schools. Next cycle? Plenty of interviews.

Apply now. Your chances are severely compromised at this point, but your above average stats may compensate. If you are intending to apply this cycle, then stop wasting time asking for opinions and apply STAT.

Reactions: 1 user
you are fine, people with MUCH lower credentials than you have been getting in.

If I were OP, I would wait it out until next cycle. The cycle is unpredictable and I would rather be at full strength going into it by applying early.

If I were him, I would wait as well. Not because it's late and I may not get in, but with those stats, I will be applying to IS MD programs and save myself tens of thousands of dollars (that's assuming the OP's public MD schools are much cheaper than DO schools). Otherwise, I think it is worth a shot to go ahead and apply. He will be selling himself short, but he will at least be accepted somewhere. Waiting till next cycle means wasting one year's worth of physician income.

Apply next cycle for both MD and DO. The GPA will hurt you for MD, but if you apply to mid/lower tier and public schools, your chances will be better. Based on stats alone, you are good for DO, just be sure to do fine on the interviews.

Also, this really should be in the WAMC thread.