What are my chances at matching?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkhan456

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first real post, at least in a long while. So I was mainly wondering how badly a HP instead of an Honors on my EM rotation would effect my shot at a spot at a program I like. My Step I was 260+, I'm AOA, Passed Surgery (my first rotation), High Passed Family, Neuro, Peds, and Honored Int. Med, Ob, Psych. If anyone has any experience on selecting future residents to your program, your thoughts are obviously wanted. Also, if anyone else was in a similar situation, how did it turn out for you?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
78.6% +/- 37.8%

:p heheh, agreed.

NOBODY can tell you your chances. Matching is sum of board, interviews, CV, etc...... and a bit luck sometimes. So do your best at school and the exams, find an EM mentor, and try to have some fun during the med school.

I woulda started a FMFP hangman game...

I must admit that gutonc's contribution was simply brilliant. Could be that I'm terribly sleep-deprived switching from nights to days, or could be that second glass of wine... but it did make me actually laugh out loud. (although it might have been more of a snort, honestly)

I woulda started a FMFP hangman game...

I must admit that gutonc's contribution was simply brilliant. Could be that I'm terribly sleep-deprived switching from nights to days, or could be that second glass of wine... but it did make me actually laugh out loud. (although it might have been more of a snort, honestly)

Thanks. But it's the sleep deprivation + booze, not the inherent humor.