What are my chances at post december

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lebronjames2323

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have 3.17 science and 3.38 cum. 20 bio 20 gc 20 reading 19 ochem 17 pat qr. 19aa 20ts. I’m still in my last year of undergrad I applied to 14 schools. At still, both midwestern, udm, umich, Minnesota, case, NYU, tufts, Buffalo, creighton, Boston, nova, and Louisville. I have 400+ volunteer hours, around 120 shadow, and several other ecs. I’m also very confident in my personal statement. I’m really hoping to land a couple post December interviews but would really appreciate some insight.

Members don't see this ad.

when was your application complete? this is also an important factor

Members don't see this ad :)
My application was submitted mid-to late August and my dat was uploaded August 28th

yep, I think that's holding you back from getting interviews along with a low GPA. Schools are a bit more forgiving in the beginning of the cycle, but they become much more selective as time goes on.
The academic update period opens Dec 3rd, so I definitely recommend that you update your grades as soon as you receive them.

yep, I think that's holding you back from getting interviews along with a low GPA. Schools are a bit more forgiving in the beginning of the cycle, but they become much more selective as time goes on.
The academic update period opens Dec 3rd, so I definitely recommend that you update your grades as soon as you receive them.
Yeah I will, but do you think there’s a chance at post December. I had a very rough freshman year but a very high upward trend after that

don't really know since I'm not on the admissions committee. but based on past threads, they interview to like march.

i have 3.17 science and 3.38 cum. 20 bio 20 gc 20 reading 19 ochem 17 pat qr. 19aa 20ts. I’m still in my last year of undergrad I applied to 14 schools. At still, both midwestern, udm, umich, Minnesota, case, NYU, tufts, Buffalo, creighton, Boston, nova, and Louisville. I have 400+ volunteer hours, around 120 shadow, and several other ecs. I’m also very confident in my personal statement. I’m really hoping to land a couple post December interviews but would really appreciate some insight.
Wait, lebron james want to be a dentist??? anyway, as long you don't receive any rejection then you still have hope

Can anyone else offer any input? I'm not sure how post december interviews work and I am really hoping to get a couple. When are they offered and are they offered to people with lower stats usually?

Can anyone else offer any input? I'm not sure how post december interviews work and I am really hoping to get a couple. When are they offered and are they offered to people with lower stats usually?

LeBron,

I have pretty much near exact GPA but slightly better DAT (21AA/TS, 22PAT/QR). Applied to same number of schools (many of the same schools). Managed to have 6 pre December interviews. I’d say you have a good chance at post December, but submitting in August definitely held you back from pre December in my opinion.