What are my chances at the Big 4?? NEED ADVICE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hugh65

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heyy,

I just got back my MCAT score from the 9/3 sitting. I received a 26O (PS:11, VR:7 BS: 8). My cGPA is a 3.0 and my sGPA is a 3.3 with an upward trend each semester. My freshman year was full of financial problems at home, even though there is still financial issues its not as bad as before. This was my third sitting of the MCAT, this time there was a 5 point increase. I would like to know what my chances are for the Big 4 (SGU, AUC, ROSS, SABA), also do you think I should do a SMP program or a post bac to raise my GPA, or should I retake the MCAT even though its gonna be the 4th time?. I already graduated with a BSc in Biochem. WHAT SHOULD I DO>????. Any advice would be helpful...I dont want to waste my time and money either...

Members don't see this ad.

Heyy,

I just got back my MCAT score from the 9/3 sitting. I received a 26O (PS:11, VR:7 BS: 8). My cGPA is a 3.0 and my sGPA is a 3.3 with an upward trend each semester. My freshman year was full of financial problems at home, even though there is still financial issues its not as bad as before. This was my third sitting of the MCAT, this time there was a 5 point increase. I would like to know what my chances are for the Big 4 (SGU, AUC, ROSS, SABA), also do you think I should do a SMP program or a post bac to raise my GPA, or should I retake the MCAT even though its gonna be the 4th time?. I already graduated with a BSc in Biochem. WHAT SHOULD I DO>????. Any advice would be helpful...I dont want to waste my time and money either...
I answered your post at the MD/DO what are my chances thread. I would try DO before going carib if I were you. Anyway you have an excellent chance at ROSS, AUC and SABA. Your chance is 50/50 for St Georges due to your low cGPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you, as of now I am thinking about doing a postbac to increase my cGPA. I am applyin to DO schools at the moment to see my chances. Carribean schools at the moment is my last resort. I really want to get into a DO program though, we will see what happens. Do you think my stats are good for DO programs instate? I live in NY>

thank you, as of now I am thinking about doing a postbac to increase my cGPA. I am applyin to DO schools at the moment to see my chances. Carribean schools at the moment is my last resort. I really want to get into a DO program though, we will see what happens. Do you think my stats are good for DO programs instate? I live in NY>

i dunno if carib schools are different but i know in the US undergrad GPA counts for a lot more than grad GPA. if your sole purpose for doing grad work is to up your GPA for med schools, it may not be worth it considering how little it will mask the undergrad gpa and the time, effort, and money youll have to put into it. if you dont mind that, then why not. it wont hurt to have a grad degree!