What are my chances at these pharmacy schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qlifecrisis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying this cycle and don't know if I'm being unrealistic with my selections. Planning on applying to:

UCSF
UCSD
USC
University of Washington (UW)
University of Illinois, Chicago (UIC)
University of Colorado, Denver
University of Arizone
Midwestern University-Glendale

I know a lot of these are reach schools, but I still would like to know my chances. UW is my dream school so if anything I'd like to know if I have a shot there!

I just graduated. Here are my stats:

Overall GPA: 3.374
Biology GPA: 3.262
Chemistry: 3.106
Physics: 3.150
PCAT Composite: 99%

Extracurricular:
-Professional Fraternity: 2.5 years total, 1 year as fundraising chair, raised money for Children's Miracle Network and for the fraternity
-Colleges Against Cancer: 3 years total, 1 year as team captain chair, organized my school's Relay for Life and raised >$40,000
-1 year working as a scribe for a colorectal surgeon and doing insurance paper work
-1 year in a club that raised money for medical missions abroad
-1 year working at a coffee shop/cafe
-1 year working as a pharm tech
-2 years in pre-pharmacy society
-1 year working in a neuropharmachology research lab (and I'm continuing)
-14 years of organized dance experience
-I just started writing for an online blog-type magazine

So if those of you who know about this stuff could tell me what my chances are at some of the schools above I'd appreciate it! Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying this cycle and don't know if I'm being unrealistic with my selections. Planning on applying to:

UCSF
UCSD
USC
University of Washington (UW)
University of Illinois, Chicago (UIC)
University of Colorado, Denver
University of Arizone
Midwestern University-Glendale

I know a lot of these are reach schools, but I still would like to know my chances. UW is my dream school so if anything I'd like to know if I have a shot there!

I just graduated. Here are my stats:

Overall GPA: 3.374
Biology GPA: 3.262
Chemistry: 3.106
Physics: 3.150
PCAT Composite: 99%

Extracurricular:
-Professional Fraternity: 2.5 years total, 1 year as fundraising chair, raised money for Children's Miracle Network and for the fraternity
-Colleges Against Cancer: 3 years total, 1 year as team captain chair, organized my school's Relay for Life and raised >$40,000
-1 year working as a scribe for a colorectal surgeon and doing insurance paper work
-1 year in a club that raised money for medical missions abroad
-1 year working at a coffee shop/cafe
-1 year working as a pharm tech
-2 years in pre-pharmacy society
-1 year working in a neuropharmachology research lab (and I'm continuing)
-14 years of organized dance experience
-I just started writing for an online blog-type magazine

So if those of you who know about this stuff could tell me what my chances are at some of the schools above I'd appreciate it! Thanks :)

like you said above, those are reach schools. For CA schools, your PCAT would not matter and your GPA is at low end and you did not have much leadership experience. At PCAT schools, your chance are better as your PCAT is 99% which is super excellent. So for those CA schools I'd say your chance is ~ 60% and ~ 70% for those PCAT schools. GL :)

Last edited: