What are my chances at U. of Vermont and U. of Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SliceNDice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall gpa of 3.73 with a pretty strong upward trend (freshman year was like 3.53 and then the rest of the years were in the 3.8 range). MCAT: 513 w/ 128/127/127/131. I'm done a decent amount of medical stuff, including a medical internship in India, research assistant in a behavioral endocrinology lab, and am currently working full time as a medical assistant at an orthopedics clinic. I have also worked as an outdoor adventure guide for a while and have a number of other extracurrics. Does it sound like I would have a strong application to be considered for these med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

What's your state of residence?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is that the case? I was under the impression that UVM is much more selective
VT only has only 96 IS applicants (they matriculated 34 of them). Their class size is 117. That leaves 83 seats for OOS applicants (most of whom come from CA)
CO has 782 IS applicants (and matriculated 133). That leaves them only 49 seats for OOS.

They both have a median MCAT of 512.

Reactions: 1 user