What are my chances? Canadian applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desire1204

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you a US citizen or permanent resident? From my knowledge, MD admissions are more difficult for international students so you are facing an uphill battle. Some schools will not accept your application while others require you spend a year at a US university before applying. International acceptances are generally lower as well even after these requirements are met.

Non canadian international here. Went to undergrad in US but had lower stats than you - consider applying to Weill Cornell, they interview "a lot" of internationals too! They have a pretty short secondaries too if I remember correctly. Also apply to Cleveland Clinic, you can check a box in the Case secondary to also be considered by that program, no extra app fee. I'd reconsider Tulane, they interview a small number of internationals

As far as chances go, I think number-wise you are good, although slightly concerned about the multiple retakes and the 126 in the biology section. But the superscored number does look good, so does your GPA. your personal statement and ECs must be extraordinary so be sure to frame those with great care in your app. Good luck !!

Members don't see this ad :)
Non canadian international here. Went to undergrad in US but had lower stats than you - consider applying to Weill Cornell, they interview "a lot" of internationals too! They have a pretty short secondaries too if I remember correctly. Also apply to Cleveland Clinic, you can check a box in the Case secondary to also be considered by that program, no extra app fee. I'd reconsider Tulane, they interview a small number of internationals

As far as chances go, I think number-wise you are good, although slightly concerned about the multiple retakes and the 126 in the biology section. But the superscored number does look good, so does your GPA. your personal statement and ECs must be extraordinary so be sure to frame those with great care in your app. Good luck !!
Hi! Also non Canadian international. I am wondering why specifically Cleveland Clinic but not the other University program? Sorry I haven't done much research into Case, but I heard that the other program accepts more students in general.

I am actually an international too, but I've completed all my schooling in the US. How difficult would you say the application process was, I'm pretty nervous about it?

I am actually an international too, but I've completed all my schooling in the US. How difficult would you say the application process was, I'm pretty nervous about it?

It is hard, but not impossible. If you look at the MSAR, you should get a sense of which schools interview a decent number of internationals.

Be sure to apply as early as possible and keep premed advisors informed of your progress since they can help at times.

during interviews, do be confident, and have answers ready for why you'd like to study medicine in the US, and your future plans

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.