What are my Chances? Canadian here applying to the USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMistry

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think the Canadian to USA grade conversion table that AADSAS has posted is a reliable way to convert my score? Do I even have a shot of getting in anywhere? What could I do from now until this summer for me to make my application better? Get research experience?
EDIT: Note the gpa I have listed are my Canadian grades without converting to American or anything
Date of submission: I havn't submitted my application yet
Overall GPA: 3.85-3.9 (a 3.9 in the University I go to is 85-90%)
Science GPA: Around a 3.7 (80-85% is a 3.7)
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.7
DAT score (include AA and all sections):AA24, RC 21, PAT 19, Bio 24 Chem 28 This is the Canadian DAT
State of Residence: Canada

Undergrad Attended:
UWO, University of Western Ontario
Major: Health Science
Reapplicant? No

Shadowing Experience:
100+ hours between two clinics
Volunteering Experience: I volunteer at the student mental health clinic on my university campus
Research: None yet
Other Extracurriculars: VP of a sports club, its a social club
Relevant Honors or Awards: Not really
LOR type and strength: I have one from my physics professor, one from my microbio professor and one from the dentist I shadow for
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere:
School list:

- Rutgers
- Detroit Mercy
- NOVA
- Boston
- Case Western

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys think the Canadian to USA grade conversion table that AADSAS has posted is a reliable way to convert my score? Do I even have a shot of getting in anywhere? What could I do from now until this summer for me to make my application better? Get research experience?
EDIT: Note the gpa I have listed are my Canadian grades without converting to American or anything
Date of submission: I havn't submitted my application yet
Overall GPA: 3.85-3.9 (a 3.9 in the University I go to is 85-90%)
Science GPA: Around a 3.7 (80-85% is a 3.7)
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.7
DAT score (include AA and all sections):AA24, RC 21, PAT 19, Bio 24 Chem 28 This is the Canadian DAT
State of Residence: Canada

Undergrad Attended:
UWO, University of Western Ontario
Major: Health Science
Reapplicant? No

Shadowing Experience:
100+ hours between two clinics
Volunteering Experience: I volunteer at the student mental health clinic on my university campus
Research: None yet
Other Extracurriculars: VP of a sports club, its a social club
Relevant Honors or Awards: Not really
LOR type and strength: I have one from my physics professor, one from my microbio professor and one from the dentist I shadow for
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere:
School list:

- Rutgers
- Detroit Mercy
- NOVA
- Boston
- Case Western
I would add any school that considers or accepted Canadians. That would be at least all border schools like Buffalo, Minnesota, and Washington. That said, are you sure you aren't going to consider Canadian schools because that is always a concern.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

My GPA is jusat too low for Canadian school right now (Its about an 83% with my top two years, which is how Canadian schools look at it), I've already been rejected by 1 Canadian school. So thats why I was wondering what my chances for the USA would be with my scores :)

My GPA is jusat too low for Canadian school right now (Its about an 83% with my top two years, which is how Canadian schools look at it), I've already been rejected by 1 Canadian school. So thats why I was wondering what my chances for the USA would be with my scores :)
Detroit Mercy accepts a lot of Canadians due to their geography. But as previously suggested, query all US schools in states bordering the US. Can't say much more since I don't have a full breakdown of your experience hours.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile