MD What are my chances? Canadian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwejlhjk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My cGPA is around a 3.6 but my sGPA is a lot higher at around 3.7-3.8.
Written the MCAT twice but I need to write it again this summer as my score hasn't changed much.
First time: 9/7/6
Second time: 8/8/9
EC's pretty average, nothing that stands out.
Do I have any chances at mid to low tier MD schools if I do well on the new MCAT?
If so what schools would you most recommend.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't recommend an MD application.
Even with a much better score you may no longer be a candidate for most of the schools that accept applications from international students (depending on how they evaluate multiple MCAT scores).

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like you have pretty much plateaued out your MCAT score in the mid-20s. Unless you drastically fix your deficits, hoping for a better score on a retake is just magic thinking.

You have have some luck with any of the newest DO schools that accept international applicants,.

My cGPA is around a 3.6 but my sGPA is a lot higher at around 3.7-3.8.
Written the MCAT twice but I need to write it again this summer as my score hasn't changed much.
First time: 9/7/6
Second time: 8/8/9
EC's pretty average, nothing that stands out.
Do I have any chances at mid to low tier MD schools if I do well on the new MCAT?
If so what schools would you most recommend.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have have some luck with any of the newest DO schools that accept international applicants,.
Which of these would you recommend?
AZCOM
Campbell
Ccom
Kcumb
Lecom
Lmu
Mucom
Msucom
Pcom
Pcom ga
Nova