This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted649998

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a reasonable candidate for the majority of programs in the US. Start with all the Ohio schools and the HBMCs: you can afford reaches outside of that. If you can interview even half decently, that list should be plenty.

512 is a 32 not a 34 btw, not that it really will matter

You could, in theory, get into any medical school in the United States, but the reaches are not a guarantee.

Remove the University of Washington. It only accepts students from Washington, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Alaska. Replace it with any school that takes a large number of OOS students, even Harvard.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could, in theory, get into any medical school in the United States, but the reaches are not a guarantee.

Remove the University of Washington. It only accepts students from Washington, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Alaska. Replace it with any school that takes a large number of OOS students, even Harvard.
They do make an exception for authentically UIM candidates.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you're golden for any of those schools!

My sGPA is 3.52, my cGPA is 3.57, and my MCAT score was 512. I am an African American, first generation college student female, Ohio resident, with a double major in Neurobiology and English Literature. I didn't do as well my first three semesters (~3.2 GPA, C in general chemistry 2 and C+ in Organic Chemistry 1) but maintained 4.0 GPAs for my last 2 semesters and am planning on keeping this trend for this upcoming semester. I have a strong passion for global health and have completed missions (3 weeks each) in Costa Rica and Peru. I have also traveled to Belgium for a school research presentation on the political side of public health and am preparing for a healthcare internship in Hong Kong for this summer. I have over 150 hours of shadowing experience, over 300 hours of general volunteer experience and have taken classes at my university's medical school (medical sciences minor). I have plenty of leadership experience (president of two organizations, executive chair of another organization, and an ambassador for my university's minority student organization) along with 2 years of research experience (mosquito research and ADHD research on mice). I am planning on applying to the following medical schools:

Case Western University
Ohio State University
University of Cincinnati
Toledo University
Wright-State University
Northeastern Ohio University
Indiana University
Georgetown
George Washington
Howard
Emory
Morehouse
University of Washington
Meharry
Chicago Med-Franklin

What are my chances, with my stats and experiences? Should I consider graduate school first? Would you consider any other medical schools with my stats?

Thanks!